HELP ME PLEASE!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fish22

Reaction score
ok im trying to take off my flywheel so i can split the case. Got a puller but the stupid flywheel is not budging a bit. i put 2 feet of pipe on my top wrench for leverage.

1. took cover off.
2. screwed the puller on
3. started tighting the top bolt piece of puller

doesnt budge.

Am i missing somethin?
I was told the puller made it easy (like minutes, i spend and hour and got nothing)

please help!!!!! :(

Make sure and put the bolt into the end of the flywheel.
Install puller.
Since it is torqued on to about 45 lbs and the flywheel is pressed onto the tapper of the crank shaft it will require some torque being applied to the puller to get it off.
Grab to the right size wrenches and make them so there not to far appart. Squeeze the wrenches together. It will take quite a bit to break the bond and you should hear a loud bang or pop and then the flywheel will come off. Make sure to not hold the wrenches far appart from eachother or place side ways load on the end of the crank as you will bend it.
SO BASICALLY PUT SOME MUSLE INTO IT DUDE!!

i noticed that in your tut you put the bolt back in the shaft the the puller on but didnt srew the bolt in very far, i on the other hand screwed it in all the way.

Guess i will try it tomorrow not screwed in too far.
Thanks

im confused about what you guys are saying but this is what i do....

screw the socket looking piece of the puller onto the flywheel, then screw the bolt piece into the crank... then put a impact gun on it and BANG! off she comes

bomber315 said:
im confused about what you guys are saying but this is what i do....

screw the socket looking piece of the puller onto the flywheel, then screw the bolt piece into the crank... then put a impact gun on it and BANG! off she comes

Yeah you really shouldn't put an impact on that as the hammer action can basically wreck the bearings.

fish22 said:
i noticed that in your tut you put the bolt back in the shaft the the puller on but didnt srew the bolt in very far, i on the other hand screwed it in all the way.

Guess i will try it tomorrow not screwed in too far.
Thanks

Ah no, I was just showing in the picture that I was screwing the bolt into the end of the crankshaft. You should install this bolt all the way other wise like you said the puller will not thread all the way onto the crank. Might rip the threads off the puller or flywheel.
Basically the flywheel is just on the crankshaft really, really.. . . . really tight. So just let that puller have it.

Back