help me out guys..need info!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yfm350va

Reaction score
well i don't have a raptor 350 yet but i was really wantng to find sum info on them to kinda know what to expect befor i get mine. i just want opinions on a stock rappy 350. i really like them and i plan on gettin one in the next few months. i am planing on building it up to race GNCC style tracks, what are your opinions on using it for that?

i would also like to kno sum of the diffrences in the ride compared to a blaster.

well thanx for reading and i hope to get mine soon and make it a beast! ;D

RAPTOR 350's rule!

well i don't have a raptor 350 yet but i was really wantng to find sum info on them to kinda know what to expect befor i get mine. i just want opinions on a stock rappy 350. i really like them and i plan on gettin one in the next few months. i am planing on building it up to race GNCC style tracks, what are your opinions on using it for that?

i would also like to kno sum of the diffrences in the ride compared to a blaster.

well thanx for reading and i hope to get mine soon and make it a beast! ;D

RAPTOR 350's rule!

This is personal opinion, but i've been through it all. If you're planning on racing and modding it out, start with something built for racing to begin with. It turns into a money pit real quick, trust me, I have over 7,500 invested in mine and the warrior itself was only 3,000 of that, and I still don't have a prayer against a yfz or raptor in a race. For trail machines and just having fun the 350s are great, but when it comes to competition it just doesn't make sense, as cheap as you can find used quads that are already built up and race ready.

stock vs stock against a blaster, a 350 is a little faster, but still not much to brag about. The suspension is much nicer to ride with though, it does a better job of smoothing out the rough stuff and is more forgiving when you jump it.

I agree with YamaRider, great beginner or trail quad but they will never really be competitive.

well im building a raptor 350 to race the sport class in gncc you will be racing against blasters and 300ex's and any sport quad 350cc or down and you can also race a few other classes to i also have a yfz450 its a blast and fast as hell but i still like messesing around with my raptor something about building it i love and its just small enough to yank around in the woods to have fun and the power is suttle and smooth so i guess its just what your likes are but i love my raptor 350 but one of the first things you want to do to it is get wider aarms and wider axle and put some razors tires on it and if you have the money put some beadlocks on it if you ride like me you will knock the airout of your tires and i also suggest a steering stabilizer and as for the motor i just have a rev limiter,k&n filter,jet kit,edelbrock carb,hmf slip on ,dont waste your money on a pipe and a hot cam of course its no were near my yfz but it still a blast to ride i love it

dont waste your money on a pipe and a hot cam

I can agree with you on the hotcams statement, but i'm not sure if your meaning Hotcams the company, or Any cam. And by pipe, do you mean a headpipe, a complete system, or what, i see you have an HMF, but exhaust basically comes down to preference as to where you want your power delivered and how much coin you want to drop. The stock headpipe won't yield all that much of a gain for you, maybe 1-2 hp if lucky, the stock one flows pretty freely.

If I were you, and was planning on stepping up from a blaster, but staying competitive in a class that goes up to 400cc cap, look at something like the LTZ, KFX, or even the DVX (all 400 cc, twin cam), they are all basically the same thing, just different plastics. Warrior vs. one of those, and you'd need some mods to keep up with a stock LTZ (kfx, and dvx included). Though on the bad side of those, the motors don't like to lug around as much as the warrior/rappy's can. So you'd end up clutching/slipping the clutch more often in the trails.
~Bill

yeah what i meant was the head pipe is a waste of money better to spend your money on controls then just to gain alittle more power but you do want to gain some power for the woods to get up those hills but stuff like tires and steering stabilizers will make you go faster in the woods and i agree with you on moving up into the 400cc quads

Latest posts

Back