Help looking for pipe

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

booboi

Reaction score
I need help finding a website to buy a new exhaust for my 1989 warrior. I check Ablaaction,rocky mon. atv, and some other sites. And the selections are very very bare.

Hopefully someone can point me to a site thats having sales.

-Angel

What kind are you looking for? If you look in the right places it shouldn't be hard to find just about any of the major brands. Most of those big sites only carry a couple brands, so you don't get a lot of selection for less commonly modified machines like a warrior. But there's tons of them out there. DMC Alien, HMF, Pro Circuit, Big Gun, Yoshimura, Supertrapp, White Brothers, FMF, DG, and I think GYT-R, and PRO-Y all make exhausts for the Warrior, and i'm sure there are others as well. If you have one in mind specificially and can't find it yourself, post it up and somebody here should be able to find one for you.

personally, i would advise against the alba pipes. they dont make their own pipes so its impossible to get replacement parts. i would recommend the fmf powercore 4 from personal experience. i know that others will recommend the white brothers e-series or hmf. i have not had experience with these pipes, but they seem to like them. basically, just dont go with alba!

I am pretty sure Alba's pipe for the warrior is just a Supertrapp with Alba put on the side. So you should be able to get parts from Supertrapp.

well, that may be true, but they wont tell you who makes their pipes for sure, so its kinda hit and miss on finding any parts. come to think of it, my alba pipe had a supertrapp end on it, but it still sucked either way. apparently the jetting that was put in for it was WAY off too (it had the alba pipe and jet kit in it when i got my warrior). apparently my jetting was about 15 stages too rich so i had to get that redone as well. just my opinion, but alba pipes suck!

The new Alba pipes are made by hmf, so if you need parts you can get parts for a standard hmf. (what part would you ever need to replace on your muffler other than packing anyways?). Their older pipes were actually made by supertrapp, and parts were interchangable with other supertrapp products.

Basically, you'll probably be happy with just about anything you buy. With the exception of certain ones like DG RCMs, Cobras, or cheap stuff like that. And of course if you don't like loud pipes, that will rule out a lot of them too.

hmf is making alba's pipes now? thats a shock! well, when i had mine (with the supertrapp end) the allen head bolts ended up stripping out and breaking in the core, so when i called them to see about a new core, they told me that they dont have parts for them. so basically i was screwed. anyways, has anyone ever done a side by side comparison of horsepower between different pipes? i think that would be pretty cool. do something like baseline stock, then try aftermarket pipes like hmf, white bros, fmf, yoshi, alba, and maybe another and do dyno runs with all of them with the correct jetting. then there would be good reliable data on the actual hp gains with all the different pipes instead of heresay and dyno numbers from the manufacturer. just my thoughts on that. well, i hope alba's pipes are better now.

Thats strange I have a supertrapp from 1998 and it is solid, never had a thing wear on it. There was some discussion about alba pipes on yfzcentral wear the allen heads backed there selves out and also the head pipe cracking in the bend near the motor. As far as HMF I have only seen positive stuff come from them. Stay away from DR.D too they use cheap mounting metal and have seen lots of pics of them breaking.
But dollar for dollar you can buy a hmf sport series for around 200.00 from motosport.com and its an all around good increase in power and makes your quad sounds like there is V8 in the frame. lol

I think im going to end up with a hmf,fmf, or white bros.

Thanks for the help and advice

Back