head gasket

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

357warrior

Reaction score
anyone ever try takin g two of the gaskets out of the 3 and only putting one down to increase compression. i did it and seems to be fine, valves or nothing hit. how much would the compression be bumped up by doing this. i have a 10.25:1 right now just wondering if id be close or anywherearound 10.75:1 or 11:1. its ashame couldnt run the je 12:1 it was for a bigger stroke crankshaft

with the gasket trick youl gain .75:1 so a stock 9.2:1 piston will make it 10:1, 10:1 is the best setup for air cooled pump gas. you better check your piston to deck clearance because hot rods never made a 7mm stoker crank they only made the 4mm. so if you have a 7mm stroker piston your will have to much deck clearance youl lose compresson and performance. the two best cams for the 350 are HR stage 1 for all around or the web .430 race cam,I dont like the stage 2 it has to much valve seperation, the 350 has very conservative ports at the valve boss and bowl, thats were all your HP is going to be.

with the gasket trick youl gain .75:1 so a stock 9.2:1 piston will make it 10:1, 10:1 is the best setup for air cooled pump gas. you better check your piston to deck clearance because hot rods never made a 7mm stoker crank they only made the 4mm. so if you have a 7mm stroker piston your will have to much deck clearance youl lose compresson and performance. the two best cams for the 350 are HR stage 1 for all around or the web .430 race cam,I dont like the stage 2 it has to much valve seperation, the 350 has very conservative ports at the valve boss and bowl, thats were all your HP is going to be.

They did make a 7mm stroker crank, that would be the 397 stroker kit. Its no longer produced, but there is still some floating around. There was head work required to use the kit if I remember right as I havent looked at the kit in a while.

I didn't think there was any machining needed to be done? When it was advertised, they said it was a complete "drop in kit". I think it would be cool to get a 15mil billet Warrior crank made, and a billet 90mm cylinder haha. That would be pretty quick I'd think. 503cc Warrior!!!

Back