Great deal...what should i do?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teamexileracing

Reaction score
K well i have been thinking about getting a 450r for some time now but i thought it would be a year from now. Well today i called my cousin and she told me one of her friends is selling a 05 450r kick start, all it needs is tires and new rear plastics which her boyfriend will give me and ill just put the tires i just bought on it. But all he wants for it is 2000. What should i do? Im getting the info on it tonight and the reason i think its soo cheap is becasue its stolen but if its not then thats an awsome deal.

This is a great deal and i dont think i should pass it up. The only problem is that i would have to sell the warrior to get it or part out the warrior :'( :'( :'(. I want to keep the warrior and race with it this year becuase thats what i built it for.

O and my best friend that just sold his dirtbike told me i could barrow 2000 from him as long as i pay him back soon. He knows i will pay him back its just that it wont be soon unless i sell the warrior.

Im soo confused on what to do....what should i do?

Well it needs tires which will run you close to $600 with rims, and a rear fender cost about $150. It's not a bad deal if he fixxes it up he can probably get $3500, so I'd jump on it unless it's a basket case.

I would run the vin number or ask someone to because, you don't wanna buy something if its stolen.

Yeah i hope the warrior rims fit on 450rs becuase then i can jsut ues the rims and tires i just got, otherwize i just use the tires i just got. And yeah if he doesnt have the title ill run the vin.

If its stolen, ill talk him down to a grand and buy a new frame with title off ebay and scrap that frame.

About the plastics, my cousins boyfriend, the one that found this for me, he also has a 450r and he has extra plastics that he will give me for free.

God im soo excited, but im kinda pooped that i might have to give the warrior up....O my bro said he would sell his warrior and ill give him mine if he adds some money. So i might not have to give it up truely, ill still be able to see it. =]

If i were you I would do this race season on the warrior and just get used to the racing atmostphere..The 450 is really only going to make you faster in the straight aways..Get your riding skills up on the warrior..then upgrade to a bigger quad..thats what I would do anyways..My cousin bought a yfz450 and started his racing on that and he kind of regrets not getting something like a 400ex to start out on

yeah i was thinking about that and when im done with the season ill have a lot more money from working and parting out the warrior and i could get a r and mod the **** out of it over the winter....welll idk i have to see how nice this r is. I think its in bad shape and its stolen so i prob wont get it. I will go for it though if its in good shape.

I dont think you should buy it if you KNOW its stolen man. Cmon, that in a way promotes ppl stealing our quads. Maybe its just me but i could never do that...

And you really wont need to "mod the ****" out of a 450r..Its not like your in the A or AA class..It will have plenty of power and good enough suspension with just having them rebuilt to your specs that you wont need to dump alot of money into it after you buy it..

Id do it up if its not stolen, Your modded warrior wouldn't be as quick as the 450, there just about race ready outta the crate. Sell your warrior and go for the 450. Thats just what i would personally do.

And you really wont need to "mod the ****" out of a 450r..Its not like your in the A or AA class..It will have plenty of power and good enough suspension with just having them rebuilt to your specs that you wont need to dump alot of money into it after you buy it..

Whats the fun in that? :p

Its not engine mods its supspension and bold on mods. Only like a grand or two worth hehehe ;D

Yeah i found that out the other day from a different forum. Well i think bave convinced me to keep the warrior and get a 446 kit but im still thinking about it. I got offerd 2500 today from someone from a different forum and im not going below 3000 becuase if i do end up selling it i will part it out and get over 3000.

Well im kinda stuck on the fence. The 450r has been my dearm bike ever since they came out ive never had the money to get one and even if i did i know i wouldnt be able to mod it as much as i did my warrior. But i also love my warrior to death and its soo awsome i dont think if i got a 450r i could make it as cool as my warrior. If i do keep the warrior thiere is some stuff that i will end up gettting that i feel like i would have to get. A 446 stroker kit thats a 1500, a lonestart swingarm or some kind of round house design which will be 300-600, and a girpper seat wihich is like nothing. I guess ill just have to see how the season turns out see if i really want to race witht the warrior or not.

As for this deal im going to pass it up. I dont want to deal with it being that far away, not getting pics and not knowing if its stolen or not.

Yeah there really isnt anything special about the decked out 450s..there all the same..Unlike your warrior or like anybody that has really modded there warrior..There unique when you really build them up

Keep the warrior and get your 450. If you're serious about racing the 450 is the only way to go. I'm sure you could save up $3500 within a years time. Or just sell all your parts and put the warrior back to stock. Just a thought, but like I said if you're serious about racing the 450 is the only way to go. Yes a 446 may have more lower end, but that's it. I wish you were in NC, if so I'd let you take mine out for a few laps...lol, then you'd see.

Back