Getting an Old Warrior Running.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got any ideas where I can get some replacement studs for the exhaust? The two that came off the header where meets the head are trashed.

When I did mine; high temp paint worked good on the head; but it didnt last on the exhaust... Gonna wrap mine in the future...Hopefully you have a better experience.

well i got the bike started again but still having problems with the choke having to be on for it to run.

the bike runs for like a second with the choke off and the little adjustment screw for air fuel turned all the way out and it stalls. soooo i guess that means i need that bigger jet. damn.

UPDATE: Got it running and idling on its on WITHOUT choke!!! Woo. I put a 45 Pilot in and a 150 Main. For some reason tho it breaks up when i give it a little bit of gas now? When I say a little I mean right between idle and half throttle.

It got slightly better when I backed out the A/F screw ALL THE WAY OUT...?? Do I need to get a BIGGER Pilot??? The only thing the ATV has is a K&N drop in filter, still uses the stock airbox and stock airbox cover.

Should I maybe check valves tomorrow when it sits and cools?

Idle---Good
Light Throttle, Cruising---- Break Up
WOT---Good

UPDATE: Took the carb apart again and lowered the needle jet down one notch and it improved it. Will report back tomorrow once I am able to ride it.

UPDATE: Took it for a spin, the half throttle the quad wants to sputter and die but everything else is good. Would the be lean or rich? Also that is the needle jet right?

Latest posts

Back