gears

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrock420

Reaction score
are all warrriors suppose to be six speeds...with reverse? just wondering cuz mine is five speed with reverse

haha its been a 5 speed with reverse since i got it...do u think sixth gear could have gone out? just recently got the stuck oil plug out n found alot of metal shavings..or do u think the peeps i bought it from took sixth gear out

could i tell what year motor it is somehow by lookin at number on case?

Doesn't really matter what year it is, from the first year to the last year they were made all the engine and transmission internals are the same. 1-N-2-3-4-5-6

push down to go into 1st gear <<all the way down ...get it into neutral..then push down again

pull up from there the shift to 2nd gear

pull up again to get 3rd gear

up again for 4th gear

up once more for 5th gear

and finally up one more time and your now in 6th gear

***********remember ALL THE WAY DOWN IS 1ST GEAR******************

if your just pullin up all the time then ur starting out in 2nd gear

Haha dude come on this is not rocket science my little 8 year old brother can ride mine.

Something's damaged or stuck internally then, not really any way to know what it is without taking it all apart.

Maybe you ought to ride alongside a buddy with a warrior and see when they start to leave you. Sounds like maybe your 6th gear is gone since it's only 4 up after neutral.

Definitly need to get inside the case and take a look. I don't see a reason why someone would "remove" a gear!!

Possibly it's your stock shifter linkage hanging you up? Swapped mine out for a direct shifter & it is much better ;) Had real touble getting it into nuetral before that.

There's no way a shifter could get it through 5 gears but not into 6th, that idea makes no sense.

Back