fox flot shocks

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

has anyone had any experiance with these shocks. Im thinking about getting a pair but i dont know how they perform.

they look cool and i'm guessing they're good but i don't know. How much are they cause i thought they were like 900 dollars a pair which seems a little pricey to put on a warrior but idk.

I'm interested in these shocks for my 400ex as well. I have only heard good things about them. They are really light, are supposed to last a lot longer, have a lot of adjustability and are cheaper then many other shocks like elkas.

An A rider was at the last race I went to, after 2 laps he blew the fronts bad.
He told me after trying to help him repair them(blown seal) that he liked them way more then his elkas and axis, but if you dont keep the maintenace up on them constantly they blow easy. Their seals are their weakest points. I presonally prefer the other style shocks.

If you don't like them you can adjust EVERYTHING about them. On trail with a bike pump if you want. I had something like it on the back of a mountain bike I sold a while ago.

anyone ever hear of tcs????? great quality and all the other do dats of a triple rate fully adjustable shock. cant beat 800 bucks for all that and longtravels

Wow, Fox has no problems with mountain bike seals going, but there is a lot less force put on them that on a MX quad.

I personally know 2 people running those on the fronts, and they have not experienced any dramatic "air loss" with the shocks. I assure you these guys are not easy on their quads either.

One thing I learned after many years working in a bike (the kind with pedals) shop is that air shocks are great but when they blow out (happened semi frequently) youre done. A regular shock may work like **** when it blows but it doesn't completely collapse and leave you sidelined. All shocks need maintenance but on mountain bikes there were always a couple blown out shocks and shock forks laying around the shop in addition to the ones that needed maintenance. I was gonna get a snowmobile with Fox Floats but decided against it since the season is short and a blown out shock would pretty much kill the season if it happened at the wrong time. They are light as **** and Im sure they work great but I would rather ride than mess with air shocks. If I was a pro and someone paid for all my stuff , did all my maintenance, and had a backup quad just in case I would seriously consider it.

i think they are a good price at $695. and i like the fact that they are really lite. Also alba has a sale i think and they are seling a kit with elka's, brake lines, and everything else you need.

Back