FMF megamax vs white brothers e series

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skylarc180484

Reaction score
hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me which exhaust is better overall and if anyone has any dynos. i want to get just the silencer for right now because i have heard that the stock head pipe does a pretty good job already. i can get the megamax exhaust for nearly 90 dollars cheaper. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I had an fmf megamax 2 on my recon, and after that i'll never buy another fmf product. There's too many good exhausts out there to waste your money on the fmf. It's not just that the power gains aren't impressive, it's the fact that it was engineered poorly. Most silencers have rivets that you drill out to repack it, but the fmf had allen head bolts, and a steel nut welded inside the can which the bolts screwed into. Well, obviously steel will rust, and as the muffler goes through heat cycles it also becomes brittle. So when I tried to repack it, I turned the bolts, and instead of the bolt threading out, the welds inside broke and the nuts spun, so there was no way to get it apart without drilling the heads off all 6 end bolts, and all 8 bolts around the side, then i'd still have been left with the problem of putting it back together. At least the WB has rivets for repacking, and comes with anti-seize on the disc screws, so i'd pick that if you aren't open to any other brands. If I had to pick a brand other than my HMF, i'd go with a big gun, pro circuit, or yoshi, but that's just me.

i would never think of getting a megamax, theyre just ugly and fmf makes crappy 4 stroke pipes... i have a white brothers and im verry pleased with the tuneability and the tone, i also love the rumble when you let off the gas and the rpm's go dowm

Back