flywheel pulling

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddmudder13

Reaction score
well as you had guessed it my starter clutch finally fried last week, push the starter button and all it does is spin. while trying to push start it down my driveway i relize that the clutch does not grab hard enough to turn the motor over in 6th gear. im going to tackle replacing the starter clutch but have a few ?? when i take the cover off that goes over the flywheel will oil come pouring out? will i have to drain the oil? and is there any other way i can get the flywheel off with out using the puller? -Jeff

Pretty sure you wanna drain the oil because there are oil gallerys at the bottom. When I drained my oil and pulled the engine apart there was still a glass full of oil at the bottom of the transmission. And NO you have to use a flywheel puller.

WHY would you use 6th gear for a push start???????

Try 2nd gear....it'll work much better.

im located in a small town so theres not any motor cycle shops for like 50 miles, and when i try 2nd gear starts the tire just slide and dont turn it over.

how did you use a gear puller , is that the puller with 2 to 3 claws? what did you have to grab onto on the flywheel?

Yeah it has 3 claws on it. I just grabbed the back of the flywheel and used a impact to turn to bolt. It work awesome. came right off with no prob.

Here's a thought:

Since this is a tool that isn't used frequently, does anyone have one they could lend him, ifhe pays shipping both ways?

What is the diameter of the flywheel? I may have a gear puller that will fit, but I'd have to check.

good idea 2 extreme, but i was also considering building a puller. first get a 35mm nut that threads onto the flywheel like the regular one does, and just use a gear puller on that. but the question is where could i get a nut that size?

Back