First race

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedro6767

Reaction score
Ran my first race yesterday. It was the opening round of the atlantic grand prix. I pretty much got schooled. The track was so sick, some of the most fun riding ive ever done, but the woods sections were soo rutted out i kept losing traction. I felt like i was dragging my swingarm skid through the trails the entire race. Im lookin at new tires now.

where was this race? havent heard a thing about jersey races except atco and etown.

That's a fair sized series isn't it? I've seen lots of pics and videos from it before. Somebody from that series always posts helmet cam videos of the races on the net, they're pretty cool. The ruts kind of suck, but they're helpful too. They kind of keep you on track in the tight stuff...lol. Anyways, congrats on the first race-you'll be addicted now..lol.

Yea, i definatly cant stop thinking about the next race. The race was ran in little egg harbor, right off the parkway on exit 58. Everyone was welcoming and helpful when i was milling around asking noobie questions about the race procedure and other stuff. Hope to see some more yfm350's at the next race. I think i was the only one in this one.

Mehh.....i wanna race sooooo bad i cant wait till june 10'th. Me and 3 friends are doing a team harescamble race. Me and another warrior then the two bikes are going together.

Is it kinda scary your first time. Like how did it go for you. Where you prepared.

Make sure you ride for 2 hours as hard as you can before you race. I wasnt ready for the holeshot, i shouldve practiced that more. Physically i was in good shape to ride, i got wore out so fast dragging my quad out of the ruts when i was stuck, riding was easy compared to that. What is a harescramble?

Well idk what other people are going say to this on here. But in the CRA(the series im racing in) a harescamble is a xc race. Woods,open feilds w/ some jumps a lot of smaller jumps that launch you far and not high. But its mostly woods. Thanks for the info.

Safe to assume this would be you?? Bet you didn't even know that guy crashed behind you....lol.

IMG_4522.jpg

Haha yea thats me. I had no idea that he tumbled over his bars until i saw a video my friend shot. I dont think it was my fault because there was a hole at the bottom of that little hill that would kick up the rear axle if you hit it wrong. My legs were so burned after trying to bounce my way free.

Not your fault. I saw pics of about five others who did the same thing right there....lol.

Back