finaly got them.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I just got my bearings today and i went out to take the axle nut off but i don't know if there is a clip next to the nut. I lifted up on it as much as i could and didn't see a clip then i went the other way with the nut and i could keep going so i figerd i better ask first.

A stock warrior or raptor shouldn't have any clips just the axle nuts jammed against each other. I had to use two 24 inch pipe wrenches to get mine off. :eek:

there is a small lock screw on a raptor nut, i think on the outside of it, if you look youll see it, someone stripped their axel cause they didnt loosten it

ok, I took the lock screw out and i can only turn the axle nut about 1/2'' over. but the nut should come right off? I sprayed PB Blaster on it and am going to wait over night and see what happens.

im not really sure about the raptor rear set up but once the set screw is off, you take the lock nut off (i think it has one?) and then take the axle nut off, the lock nut might be left hand threads(threaded backwards)(lefty tighty, righty loosey)

ok, i went to try to take the axle nut off again and i still can't move it any farther. is it supposes to come all the way off? because that thing is not budging and i don't wan't to ruin any thing.

My axle nuts were stuck so bad from corrosion that I was lifting both the quad and my 220 lb cousin up with the wrench and breaker bar, and they didn't budge at all. I heated the nuts up good with a torch, and that did the trick.

I don't remember the nuts being reverse thread???? I remember thinking they would be, but I could almost swear they weren't. Just look at the way the treads go on the axle and that'll tell you which way to turn. If you screw anything up I'm pretty sure I have spare stock nuts you can have.

well i feel so retarted, I took only one of the lock screws out and it stripped all but like a 1/4'' of the threads on the axle. so i'm hoping that the nut will still screw on. But i was wondering how to get the old bearings out?

i beat the hell out of them with a pipe and a sledge hammer

Back