Exhaust sealing questions

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriortamer

Reaction score
I just rebuit the top end in my Warrior but I can not for the life of me get the head pipe to seal. I replaced the studs- one was bent and the threads on the other were totally fubared. I also used a new gasket between the cylinder head and the head pipe. I have removed it twice and used a new gasket each time but it will not sela for anything. I have tried tightening one nut completely down and then tightening the other, I have also tried to tighten each one an equal amount until they were both tight. Any advice on what I can do?

Thanks in advance

is it actually tight onto the head? can you tell have you tried having the head pipe outta the way and seeing if it threads all the way down,it might not be threading all the way down to the head,maybe theres a little gash mark on either the pipe or the head possibly,i dno i havent ran into something like that...not sure what else to say...

is the flange on the pipe flat or could it be warped or distorted from being tightened down too much at one time?

use a high temp silicon caulk. it works on my ex girlfrields fathers 67 satelite with a hopped up 440 just fine.

Back