engine cleaning

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigranger

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was just wondering what I can use to clean my engine. Of course I have tried soap and water but thats not cutting it. How can I make it look new again?

Around here, the dollar store carries 'mean green' . It may be the same as simple green. That is the best cleaner I've ever seen! It blows away some industrial stuff a guy that owned a cleaning business used.

Don't use the heavy degreasers, just simple green. The engine brite and **** like that may eat away rubber and possibly damage the chain. Use the straight simple green concentrate in the spray bottle also. Simply spray with water, then simple green, and let stand for a few minutes before rinsing.

Don't use the heavy degreasers, just simple green. The engine brite and **** like that may eat away rubber and possibly damage the chain. Use the straight simple green concentrate in the spray bottle also. Simply spray with water, then simple green, and let stand for a few minutes before rinsing.
yeah dony use very heavy degressers.. just make sure with any degresser make sure you wash it off very well... ive had it to where it started to peel off my stickers

Ive gone threw like 10 bottles of simple green with damage so i think its fine, is simple green as strong as some of the other ****??

I think he means damaged goods claim, such as a supermarket, so they get the money back for bad merchandise sent to them from their distributors.

[quote:drsfjelg]Ive gone threw like 10 bottles of simple green with damage so i think its fine, is simple green as strong as some of the other ****??
with damage????[/quote:drsfjelg]
o haha i mean withOUT any damage

Basically you shook the bottles and said they were no longer fit to sell! ;D ;D ;D

yeah, I think you're confused Boxhead. He just basically said that he uses a lot of simple green. He didn't say anything about ripping off supermarkets

He said he WENT through with damage the earlier post, so I thought he was raiding some shop he worked at or some ****. He is 17 also, I used to raid kroger when I worked there back in high school, that place sucked the big one. We took 17 full cases of beer out to supply a massive party the one time!!! ;D ;D ;D

Back