ditched the 4x4

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgray44

Reaction score
so let me tell you guys a story. last year i bought an 01 eclipse that ran awesome but looked crappy for 700 dollars and a case of keystone light. windows in it wouldnt work, blinkers wouldnt work, it was a basket case but had 70k miles on it so i decided after a while to jump on craigslist and do the trading game.

ended up trading that for a 01 yamaha thundercat yzf600. this thing was fun but it had the bad second gear in it so i would always have to skip it and one day it cuaght and popped the front end up nearly throwing me off. so i decided it was time to get rid of it.

ended up trading that for my 87 warrior and 94 parts warrior and boy did i have my fun on the 87. but then it slowly started to get weaker, starter and starter clutch were going out, frame had a small bend to it. case broke from the chain. it was bad so i went back to good old c-list to put her up for trades

ended up getting a 97 king quad 300 4x4. MAN this thing looked like poo but ran like a top. going through 2 feet of water and just having a blast not worrying about getting stuck. i love 4x4's and i thought i would stick with it for a while but my left had kept pulling the brake lever looking for it to be a clutch and well it started to have a slow oil leak. plastics were tore the hell up and it just looked nasty. so i put that up on c-list to see what i would get.

and today i ended up getting a 04 z400 with a 440 bbk and web cams, uni air filter, dirt digger clutch. this thing is a power house. i mean it took me by surprise. it needs a new seat cover and the starter clutch is slowly going out on it but i got a buddy that has a parts z that i can steal from. so now im back in the sport game and hoping to catch a future ride with you guys as long as you dont mind the big yellow z trailing with you guys :)

We get this ride going your more than welcome...:evilface: And atleast we have atleast one tow strap incase you break down.:haha:

yea im pretty happy with it, cant wait to hit the trails with it, we just redid the top end in my buddies raptor and he thinks he can get me in the trails, i cant wait to prove him otherwise :)

Haha. I almost bit on this trade today someone wanted to trade me an 08 450 honda tre? for my 08 trx400ex but I turned him down sounded fishy he was willing to drive down from alabama to meet me in orlando to do the trade & he said it only had 20 hours on it and he has a title and all I have is a bill of sale... didnt add up. He coulda traded some dealer in his state probably...

yea that does sound kinda fishy, but you never know, maybe he wanted something with reverse and electric start. i know then 450s (if he means trx) had either kick or push button and no reverse.

Yeah. He was talkin to me and he might come down and buy it for 2500 cash which kinda sucks because if this guy is legit than I could probably sell his 450 for 3-3.5 pretty easy...

So he doesn't want to trade now? Yeah I'm not sure you should of jumped in and said it was fishy, if he was willing to come down I mean it's not like he's going to come down without the quad? Generally if they are willing to meet up like that it's legit from what I've found.

yea like dale said if they wanna come down all the way then it might be legit, or if you meet them at their house it could be legit to.

now if its one of them parking lot trades, watch out haha

Back