DAM REAR BRAKE

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olliepop2005

Reaction score
ok i dont know wat to do i was bleeding my brakes and it aint sucking no fluid i pumped for a least a hr now how does it work do u pour fluid in the black filter deal r wat i took off all the lines cleaned them did everything no sucking and now i poked a pin hole in the black thing to see if it would work cause wen i put fluid in without the black filter deal it worked but not it dont at all and i got a hole in the filter lol any suggestions did i even make sense

Ok, first to properly bleed the brakes it takes 2 people. If what you're calling the "filter" is the rubber cup inside the fluid reservoir, take that out to add fluid. If you expect fluid to go in one end, then you need to let it out the other end, that's what the bleeder valve on the caliper is for. The procedure to bleed them is:

1. Push pedal down, and get someone to crack open the bleeder (put a hose over the end or something, fluid can squirt out and you don't want to get this stuff in your eyes)
2. When pedal goes all the way down, close the bleeder
3. Push the pedal down again, crack the bleeder open, close it, and release the pedal.
4. Watch your fluid level, and don't let it get too low. If it gets too low and sucks in air you have to start all over again.
5. Repeat until no more air comes out of the bleeder valve when you crack it open.

But if you took everything apart (why the **** did you take it apart to begin with) you might have to get a vacuum bleeder to get all the air out of the system. When the entire system gets drained air can get stuck in certain parts of the system, and refuses to come out from the normal procedure.

how much for a vacuum bleeder and do i need a new cup since i pokes a small hole in mine dude i dont know i was pisseed i stayed up all night trying to do it the right way never worked and i had a race that morning but i just raced with front brakes lol

I don't think you'll need to replace the rubber thing if it's really just a pinhole, but if you put a HOLE in it then yeah you should replace it. A vacuum bleeder is like $60 or something like that, I think your best bet is to take it to a repair shop and let them bleed the system for you, since it seems like you're in the dark about how everything is supposed to work.

By the way, how did you clean the lines out? I hope you didn't use water, soap, or anything like that.

Brake systems are sensitive to contaminants, like dirt or moisture (like saliva from blowing through the hoses). You should take everything apart, and spray it all out with brake cleaner before you continue. That moisture could cause your components to corrode, costing you even more time and money down the road.

A vaccum bleeder connects to the bleeder valve on the caliper, and sucks the fluid through the system. There is no substitute for this (like a shop-vac, lol), but earlier today I saw a vacuum bleeder at Harbor Freight for $20 if you really want to try it yourself, but of course you get what you pay for when you buy cheap tools. If you take it to a shop it shouldn't take them long at all to bleed the system for you, maybe 15 minutes, unless there's something else wrong with your system like a bad master cylinder.

yea but aint it alot of money for them to do it lol and wat i spray with to spray it out with brake cleaner

Back