dam eletronics

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olliepop2005

Reaction score
ok wen i push the eletric start button it wont start but if i keep tapping it. It does start yall know wat the problem may be

i would try that first. when i disassembled my quad, i took that assembly apart and there was dirt and crap inside that wasnt allowing for a good connection. there are a lot of small parts in there so be careful not to lose anything.

What happens when you press it? Any noises, or does it act like the key is off? If it doesn't make any noises until you tap the button a few times and it fires up you probably need a new starter button.

ima check my grounds first were are they just the connecters adn a new button its a 05 and worked fine until i had a mud race

Ok heres what happened to me... Dirt got into my kill switch and wouldnt let is start... take apart your headlight/killswith/starter thing and spray some WD-40 i nthere... then put it back togeither and try that... thats what happened to me...

Ok heres what happened to me... Dirt got into my kill switch and wouldnt let is start... take apart your headlight/killswith/starter thing and spray some WD-40 i nthere... then put it back togeither and try that... thats what happened to me...

thats what worked for me, but it's hard to diagnose something on here. atleast you get a few things to try that you might not have thought of. that's one of the best things about this forum.

also, i'm not sure about wd-40 but we used a ton of contact cleaner and dielectric grease when i tore mine down. i still go over all the connections from time to time to make sure there arent any issues. better safe than sorry. sucks when **** happens on the trails.

LMFAO Well he what he said remided me and exatcly what had happened and i had to be towed cause we were like 10 miles from the cabin... and we tried riding and jump starting by letting the clutchout in gear and it started up and died... so i had a feeling that it had to do with the kill switch

Back