dam brake pads

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olliepop2005

Reaction score
ok i got new brake pads its so hard to get them on like i gotta push hard to slide them on rotor n e suggestions

Did you push the piston back into the caliper all the way?

And is this front or back brakes? If it's the back you could be having trouble because of the parking brake preventing the caliper from sliding in all the way.

its rear pads he said he did he just got a block off plate and put it on the other night and he got pads on last night and i have came to the conclusion that his calaper is not floating rigth on its rods its most likely frozed stuck mine did that once and i pulled it apart and put greeses in there and has not happened again

My best guess is that his blockoff is keeping the piston from going all the way back into the caliper, because the little peg that comes out the side of it is hitting the blockoff. I had the same problem when I installed new rear pads and a moose blockoff plate. I had to dremel out some of the material from inside the blockoff plate for it to work, you just have to be careful because you don't want to go all the way through it.

yea i got a moose block off but i dont think its it because it was hard still wen i had the parking break on i d k i just got a race this weekend i need it to be fixed lol

The parking brake will cause even more trouble than that blockoff. Just try taking off the blockoff plate, and see if you can push the piston in any more. I'm telling you this because when I installed new brake pads my moose blockoff caused the same problem you're having. I don't really understand your logic, but just humor me and see what happens.

lol yea its the problem cause wen i take it off it works good then i put it on and tighten and it is on brake mode the whole time lol wont even budge so yea how i fix it

TOLD YA SO ;)

Either you can just put your parking brake assembly back on until the pads wear down a little, or you could grind down a little material from the inside of the blockoff, and a little off the end of the caliper peg if you want it on right away.

Back