Custom grab bar for warrior, opinions

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonaddis84

Reaction score
I wheelied into my pretty much brand new aluminum grab bar awhile ago, fixed it, but left vise marks all over the aluminum from bending it back to shape, and there were a few cracks in the welds...

So I decided to fab one up from some 3/4 x .058wall 4130 I had. I wanted to do away with the normal design that has bent plate for the attachment points. I know this bar will be way stronger if you were to wheelie into it, but I cant say for sure whether it will support the weight of the quad lifting it yet, as Im doing this based off a jig I made from the old grab bar while my frame is waiting to get Pcoated. Looks cool at least I guess, in my opinion at least.

Id consider making these if there is decent demand, also if you have ideas for something to look better send me a drawing I can try it out. If you want something stouter, I can also do 1-1/4", but there will be a pretty severe weight penalty.

grab_bar_3.jpg

grab_bar_2.jpg

grab_bar_1.jpg

not my style for a grab bar but looks nice. if u painted it u would think u bought it from somewhere.

What sort of design would interest you guys that say its too big?

Is there a design of another brand that anyone would want mimicked in steel for more durability?

Ill be working on a new bumper as soon as I get my frame back, so Ill post pics of that up when Im done too.

Its sitting waiting to be picked up by the powdercoater with the rest of my frame/components.

i like it but i like big ass grab bars because i mud a lot and get stuck a lot and its much easyer to have a big ass grab bar to tug on. And i just thing big bars look sweet.

i agree with the one above me.......................... yo you should take the stock warrior bumper look but box it in, put a t in the middle and still have brackets goin to the frame idk if u knowwhat i was talkin about cus i was rambling lol but it would look kool

i agree with the one above me.......................... yo you should take the stock warrior bumper look but box it in, put a t in the middle and still have brackets goin to the frame idk if u knowwhat i was talkin about cus i was rambling lol but it would look kool

Personally I didn't understand what you where even saying because of the lack of spelling and punctuation.

That just sounds like jibberish, pay more attention to your typing, I have no idea what youre trying to say....sorry, no offense.

[quote:jwr4qzqx]i agree with the one above me.......................... yo you should take the stock warrior bumper look but box it in, put a t in the middle and still have brackets goin to the frame idk if u knowwhat i was talkin about cus i was rambling lol but it would look kool

Personally I didn't understand what you where even saying because of the lack of spelling and punctuation. [/quote:jwr4qzqx]

Thats funny, we were both posting the same reply at the same time.

[quote:5z52tgfx]

Personally I didn't understand what you where even saying because of the lack of spelling and punctuation.

Thats funny, we were both posting the same reply at the same time.[/quote:5z52tgfx]

Hey major props to you man.. You did a great job with that fourwheeler! It looks like that car hauls some major ass as well.

[quote:lgtcp8uh]

Thats funny, we were both posting the same reply at the same time.

Hey major props to you man.. You did a great job with it! It looks like that car hauls some major ass as well.[/quote:lgtcp8uh]

What car?

No problems bro just take your time when your typing and reread everything before you post it, thats were you find the problems.

[quote:xqs1yahw]

Thats funny, we were both posting the same reply at the same time.[/quote:xqs1yahw]

Personally nothing pisses me off more then trying to read something that it looks like an 8 year old typed it.

Back