coil problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddmudder13

Reaction score
ive narrowed down my no starting problem to the coil and the spark plug cap. when i did a spark test and grounded the plug the plug sparked randomly each 5 seconds. the coil primary ohms are 0.00, that manufacturing spec that is saposed to be 0.74 to 0.98 but instead tests 0.00 ohms. the secondary coil tested fine. but the spark plug cap tests 4.50 which is sapose to be at 10 ohms. so what does this mean? i need a new coil and cap or what?

If you're sure you're testing them right, and they're both out of specs you probalby should replace both of them. Maybe just replace the bad coil first and see what happens.

alright do you know where i can get them at? websites etc. but this has been driving me crazy and read so many posts about replacing all the expensive things and still not running so im pretty scared and just wanna make sure this is wrong. but if the ohms are to spec if pretty sure its the prob right?

is there any possibilty that i could get an automotive coil sence i dont have any atv shops around? if so does it have to be one with the same ohms and stuff?

you should get replacement parts made specifically for the yfm350. If you don't have a dealer or powersports shop nearby you can order the parts online from one of the many oem parts distributors, or even try to get a deal on ebay.

Look at the thread in the general section titled cheaper oem parts, that's the best prices I've seen to date on oem stuff. They make bikebandit, alba, and every other dealer out there look insane.

Back