Chain Adjustment

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r350ridin

Reaction score
Ok i knwo its easy but i looked at my manual and couldnt figure it out what all do i do

Start by loosening the lock nuts on the chain adjusters(small bolts sticking straight out from the bearing carrier) and thread the lock nuts out about half an inch. Then loosen both of the big bolts (top and bottom of carrier) with a 17mm socket on the left side, and 14/17mm wrenches on the right side. When you have those all loose start turning the adjuster bolts in with the same amount of turns on each side. If you don't have the same amount on each side your axle will not be straight across when you're finished. Keep turning the adjusters in until the chain has about an inch of slack(half inch up, half inch down). Then tighten up the lock nuts on the adjusters, and tighten up the big bolts on the carrier. Make sure the big bolts are torqued down pretty good, or the carrier can shift back while you're riding and make the chain extremely tight.

I think there was also an older tutorial that covers this.

thanks for explaining it it took my like 5mins after reading this lol

Back