buddy's 400EX

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They feel like there going faster because they get there quicker but there top ends only 2 mph over a warrior

this thing would eat yours, it's felt way more powerful than any warrior i've ever been on, and that was the week he got it, not even broken in, try riding a 400ex sometime, nice ride

I don't know if you have ever been on a FST or Powroll stroker warrior but those things ******* boogie bro (will beat piped raptor 660s). The 440EX we have can’t touch my warrior now until 4th gear and then it has top end cause we have it geared higher; when my 446 stroker goes in and I have a 17 tooth front sprocket there will be no more of that either... The EX really isn’t anything to write home about (as the owner of one) it's all old technology on the same page as the warrior. They are both fun machines and the 440 likes to explode a lot (four times in the last 2 years) and it feels more powerful cause the front end is light and comes up easy.

The 400EXs aren’t quick enough to "EAT" the warrior; a YFZ "eats" a warrior (and a 400) the EX is a little top end faster.

and you think a 446 warrior isn't going to expload??

Ohhh boy you have gone and done it now.... lol

Nope! If built correctly it wont explode; they are very reliable as long as the oil temp is kept with in range and you don’t over-rev (keep that piston speed down where it should be) you will be 100% straight. I have been around many stroked warriors here older then 6 years just needing a top end now... The performance companies have had stroker kits out for this motor for more then 10 years now - they are time tested and proven reliable.

The way the FST stroker is made for a warrior is really an interesting/unique thing in itself. The stock piston (and all the aftermarket pistons) have a **** load of areas you can improve on that will save weight, decrease stress on the lower portion over stock, lower the deck height, and actually allow the wrist pin to be stronger. Furthermore unlike other stroker kits (400EXs) the length of the rod stays the same as stock and no spacer plate is used; this also contributes a huge amount to the over all reliability/longevity. The weight reduction in the new stroker piston alone (2oz lighter then stock and 4oz lighter then aftermarket) makes all the difference in the world contributing to less bottom end stress already. The reduction in piston weight is comparable to having a Honda civic on the end of your rod vs. a F150.

The stroker piston made for the stroker kits is made by JE and is different from/superior to every other aftermarket piston you can buy for the Warrior as of right now (newer technology applied to an old piston design). The piston has taken on a kind of "slipper piston" form with the rings moved much closer to the surface/dome, less skirt surface area, and a wrist pin moved inward. Here again another point that makes the stroker piston setup more reliable. By shortening our wristpin it becomes stronger and in extreme conditions wont "flex" or "bend" easily. The above are just some of the modifications made to the stock piston alone to make it lighter and better then stock and other aftermarket pistons.

So actually all in all due to the nature of the Warrior motor (chock full of extra metal that can be machined out to put bigger **** in), how the stroker kit/piston has been designed/made, and when piston speed is controlled and the oil temperature is kept where it should be the stroker kit is a much BETTER setup then STOCK! This is just one of the things that makes the warrior motor a WARRIOR motor...

By the way we took apart the 440 head again today -_- it needs a new timing chain tensioner; the top end was making funny noises and the chain was getting out of hand… We can’t wait to put it in and do a leak down to see what’s messed up now! ******* Honder’!

[quote:ir74ecnl]If built correctly it wont explode

thats right, make sure you don't take it to the same gorilla who did your 440ex[/quote:ir74ecnl]
The 440 kit just sucks they like to grenade a lot. When motor modding a 400EX a lot of work has to be done to keep them anywhere near reliable (hardfaced rockers, stronger head bolts, cam chains, etc... The first time it blew up it didn’t have the 440 kit it was completely stock besides pipe and filter.

******* honder! That god damn quad has made us miss so many riding days.

[quote:vz4elb9u]440 are more prone to blowing up then a stroker warrior

how would you know??
you've never ridden let alone owned either one[/quote:vz4elb9u]

Umm.. Nice Try iv grown up around 440 ex's and 400ex's . My cousin Owned a 440 had it for 8 months and then he got tired of the damn thing blowing up (blew up twice) both times the local honda dealers put it together. And yes iv ridden his and many other 400ex's 450r's 250ex's 300ex's but the only one i feel more power over is 450r the 400ex pulls a little harder but its top speed is only 2 over my warrior.

yeah but most people arnt stuck up and know what there talking about.. so yeah some people will beleive me..

i believe u my friens kennys 440ex is always down and he has way more money into his than mine and he only beats me in accel ur buddies 400ex is nothing special at all so quit acting like it a piped 660 will eat it alive a stock 450r will eat it alive

listen up young'en, you've never seen him race, where as i have, and seen him beat down anything out there,
im not comparing it to other **** **** bikes that you'll never ride

listen up young'en, you've never seen him race, where as i have, and seen him beat down anything out there,

If he can beat all those bikes on a 400 he is a good rider! It is possible if he can ride better then the others; cant dis-credit the rider.

so are you bragging on the ride or the rider? With equal riders it won't beat a yfz, 450r, or a 660. But if your friend is a good rider, and the others aren't, it doesn't matter what they're on. I've seen my little bro dominate against big quads while on a timberwolf! That will make a believer out of anyone who doubts the difference a rider makes.

u should have wrote my friend on his ex can beat other faster quads because he is such a good rider and they suck

Latest posts

Back