Baffle

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r350ridin

Reaction score
Ok i searthed for this and i couldnt find anything. im trying to get my baffle out of my pipe on my raptor, i heard it sounds good and give a little more low end on the raptor. thanks

your not gona get any more power by just taking the baffle out. just makes it louder {does'nt sound good}. if you re-jet it after taking the baffle out you might get a very small increase if any.

I tried once, just made it annoying loud, no power increase at all. Anyone who claims that there is.....well it must be in their head. Just get an aftermarket pipe, and a nice quiet one at that. Loud pipes lose riding areas.

no1 with a raptor has taken tere baffle out?

Yes i didnt mean to buy i was dragging my friend on his blaster and it SHOT out and i lost so much top end... but just keep it in but if u really want to take it to then take the 3 allen screws out then there is a nut on the bottom of the baffle not the muffler and take that out then if it doesnt come out easily stick a screw driver i nthere and pull up and push down to break it loose and ti should come out

i got it out and it sounds good, maybe its because im way down south closer to sea level and the jetting is diff or sumthin i think a gained a little low end though

the stock pipes are too choked up, just get an aftermarket one it will make a huge difference. And remember, loud isn't always best!

[quote:f3s82wnp]thats true and its usualy illegal if the spark arrestor comes out with it. big fine around here

around here they will impound your bike for riding without a spark arrestor in the pipe.[/quote:f3s82wnp]

do you ride on public land or something? Around here they can't do a thing unless you're on public property or some kind of government land. And it's not legal to be riding on any of the government land or public property to begin with, so chances are you'll have bigger problems than a spark arrestor if you get caught.

I ride alot in the crown forest lands, public property, totally legal, but its law that you need a spark arrestor..... or bye bye bike

Most of the land i ride had been giving to the land trust, and another land perserving company and they allow atvs on them... just not ones with out a spark arrestor.

Back