AFTER 4 MONTHS WARRIOR RUNS AGAIN

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boondock

Reaction score
well I finally broke down spent the money and did a complete rebuild .Started up first try I was happy to say the least will have pics coming soon didn't ride it.I only let let it idle awhile to seat rings on the new wiseco piston ..Cant wait to see how it is now .With the new high compression piston should be sweet .

Don't expect purdy 4 wheeler pics my warrior is made to ride and play mud and all .Screw the shiny stuff and all that glitter people want on theirs ..............Benjie ;D

Good to hear your rolling again should run much better with the 10:25:1 pared to stock it normaly ads a good bottom end gain...

Thanks and I'm going to follow a mechanics advice and run the cam2 fuel .Not sure if it would really matter but he made sure to tell me not to run pump gas sev times .He has been a cert Yamaha atv mech for over 15 yrs so ill take his advice .

I know some say compression isn't high enough to matter.
He said the pump gas would work but cause spark knock .
which the race gas will not .Therefore allowing the wiseco to last a long time not just short term,.....Thanks..... Benjie

Of course I am no yamaha atv mechanic but sounds to me like that guy just wants you to spend more of your money...NO way you should have to run cam 2 with only 10.25:1 piston. Thats the same piston i have and I run it on 91 and it does just fine.

Thanks and I'm going to follow a mechanics advice and run the cam2 fuel .Not sure if it would really matter but he made sure to tell me not to run pump gas sev times .He has been a cert Yamaha atv mech for over 15 yrs so ill take his advice .

I know some say compression isn't high enough to matter.
He said the pump gas would work but cause spark knock .
which the race gas will not .Therefore allowing the wiseco to last a long time not just short term,.....Thanks..... Benjie

I dont know about your location and the relative affects of altitude versus octane. But you dont need race gas on that piston. 93 at the pump will be more than enough in even the hottest of conditions. I ran a wiseco for 2 years on 93 and sometimes even 87 when i got desperate and never had a spark knock and when i took it out it still looked like new.

Another thing... allowing the machine to idle to break in the piston is possibly the worst possible thing you can do. It doesnt allow for the rings to seat at all to tell you the truth and the time you have before the hone wears off the cylinder walls is slim. Right after the first start up the machine should be taken for a ride and be ridden in 15 minute cycles for about 45 mins total.

It should be opened up somewhat right off the get go. not full out wide open but start at about 1/2 throttle and then let off completely and let the motor slow the machine down not brakes. Then after doing that a few times go to 3/4 throttle and repeat for a while and then go close to wide open and repeat again.

This sucks all the shavings from the cylinder out of the motor and out your exhaust pipe.

After doing that for about 45 mins you can ride it pretty normal but dont load the engine with hills and mud and all that kinda stuff. After a full tank of gas feel free to beat the **** out of it actually at about a 1/2 tank you can ride it normally. It doesnt take long to seat the rings... the main part happens in the first 10-15 mins at the most.

Thanks for your info after reading it I will be running 93 gas only helluva lot cheaper.Yes we ran it and let motor slow quad dow seating valves tomorrow Im gonna give it hell hahah ...thanks .~Benjie~.

Back