? about K&N Filter

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ltussey

Reaction score
I have a 01warrior,stock. No spark arrestor in muffler. I was wanting to get a K&N filter and was wondering if I would need to rejet. Also do I run without the airbox lid with this filter or put holes in it or leave it alone? Any help would be appreciated.

There is 2 3 different filter set ups 2 are clamp on and one is a oem replacement if you get a clamp on you can run with the lid on or off but with a oem replacement you must run a airbox lid ind I don't think you will need to rejet but I may be wrong

yeah you should probaly rejet i dont think the adjuster will have enought to compensate

yeah best deal I found, I used a little permatex to make sure it was sealed airtight when I mounted the clamp to the box. Then I bought an outwares on ebay for like 15 bucks for the filter
1297977413.jpg

Thanks elwood. Thats a good deal. Is that where you got yours from, D2moto? Do you run with the airbox off, did you rejet and what jet did you use? Sorry about all the ?. New to jettin, trying to understand what combo to go with.

If you run with airbox off you might have to rejet but if you've still got the air box lid on I dont think you'll have to rejet since chances are with the stock air filter your probably getting maximum air flow allready just not maximum protection from all the dust/dirt. 2001 Warrior is what I had & the stock air filter doesnt sit right for crap so you deffinitely should get a clamp on.

I run it with my lid off but this is what I had before so it didn't change the jetting
101.jpg
I run a 152.5 main jet, needle on the middle setting, and a 45 pilot jet

Thanks again for your help. ordered the k&n clamp-on today. Even found a coupon to take about $5 off.

Back