a few ???s

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigranger

Reaction score
I just rejetted my raptor the other day and it seems to be running good but my spark plug is still grey, which means its running lean, right?
The jet kit said nothing about the pilot jets, I just changed the main jet and the clip. Should I richin the pilot jet or leave it alone?
I also have to choke it everytime I start it, unless it's already warm. I never had to touch the choke until I got the pipe, filter, and re-jetted it. Is this normal or is it also a sign of the quad running lean?
Sorry for posting more jetting ??s but I really need to know, Thanks.

A grey (depending on what it looks like) to a tanish color is fine; white and carbon depsoits (blackish) are what you need to watch out for. In the cold weather its perfectly normal to have to use the choke.

Also to get a real plug reading you need to use a new plug and do a chop.

You should adjust the air screw for the cold, and if you need to move up one size on the pilot. The air screw should cover it unless you have a aftermarket exhaust, than you should definately have to move up a size.

I'm not sure what a chop is. Also, what is a good spark plug and wire that I should get and where can I get them?

A plug chop is when u put a new plug in your quad fire it up and go threw the first 4 gears wide open and pull in the clutch in the top of 4th and shut it off. Pull your plug and check the color. That gives u the most accurate reading

A grey (depending on what it looks like) to a tanish color is fine; white and carbon depsoits (blackish) are what you need to watch out for. In the cold weather its perfectly normal to have to use the choke.

Also to get a real plug reading you need to use a new plug and do a chop.

u mean white with blackish specs on the plug right ??? people might be thinking your talking about an all black plug to be lean

I think he's talking about if it's blackish it's running rich

yea thats what i was thinkin... but rich really dont hurt nothin just takes away from some potential power. I like mine a tad rich just makes me feel better that way haha

Ok.........I got my carb apart right now and my stock pilot jet does not have a number on it, so I dont know where to start. The jet kit explained what to do with my main jet but said nothing about the pilot. Is there an average number beween the main and pilot jets. I'm running a 136 main jet..........so does anyone know what I should start my pilot jet at?

[quote:1zbanqpj]I think he's talking about if it's blackish it's running rich

yea thats what i was thinkin... but rich really dont hurt nothin just takes away from some potential power. I like mine a tad rich just makes me feel better that way haha [/quote:1zbanqpj]

Um being rich will load all your crap up with carbon...

Back