660 raptor shock question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampman

Reaction score
I got my shock all installed and everything but now the question is what do you with the rezzie? its way shorter and its aimed in the wrong direction forcing you to put it over on the chain side, which I don't like at all. what has everyone else done with it?

I used the band clamps for the stock reservoir to screw the raptor reservoir on the side of the airbox, tucked up in that little pocket between the airbox and the rear fender. If you get it lined up right, it works perfect. It's out of the way, protected from damage, and the compression adjustment screw is easily accessed.

Hose clamps aren't really the same thing. The stock clamps that hold your reservoir on have mounting tabs with holes to bolt it down, hose clamps don't. You gotta have something to clamp it to for hose clamps to work, unless you use ones longer than you need, and drill holes in the excess band. It might still be hard to mount it securely that way, since the hose clamp is flexible.

DSC00735.jpg

yeah you put the clamp around the rezzie and that subframe bar in there

That wouldn't work very well. I don't know if the hose would make it that far, and regardless, it would put the reservoir in harms way because of the chain being right there. If the chain jumps off the sprocket or even gets too much slack in it, it could go right through that hose pretty quick. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but maybe you should let questions like these to be answered by guys that actually have the part the question is about. It seems like you just take guesses at these sometimes.

On mine i used 2 hose clamps and clamped it to the subframe bar just above where jccruiser78 has his in the pic. It's higher up, and hiden by the side plastic. Adjuster is still accessable too. However i do like the airbox idea!

Just my 2cents.

On my 87 I used the same clamps that were on the original Warrior shock reservoir and drilled a couple holes in the plastic part of the rear fender that runs forward from the fenders along the frame just under the seat. The holes are near the bottom of the plastic so that the reservoir sits just below the plastic parallel to the ground and the back end of the reservoir sits where the plastic curves out at a 90 degree angle to make the rear fenders. It's high enough to miss the chain and is tucked nicely out of the way. The metal clamp sandwiches the plastic and I used two 10-24 screws and nuts w/ lockwashers to hold it. The plastic is plenty strong enough since the reservoir doesn't weigh much.

thats alot of interesting different ways to put it. I think the air box idea would work well. a couple of bolts. me personally I think I'm going to silicone those holes too. I'm gonna check it out now. thanks for the info guys.

Back