37mm FCR carb differences???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'00 WO-YA!

Reaction score
Shenandoah Valley, between the Blue Ridge mountain
Ok guys, I know carbs are beaten to death, however there are some questions that I have about the FCR 37, sorry! I've been lookin on ebay & it appears that these things came of 250F YZ's & CR's. Does anyone know if they're the same carb exactly? It looks like they are but I didn't know if the hookups were different from one to the other so is one carb prefferable over the other for the retrofit? Also, I'm figuring on needing the Rappy 350 intake boot & tube to go to the airbox, correct? What about the throttle hookup? Do I have to use the twist throttle or is there another setup? I want it to work right & not be a hack-job install, I want it to look/work like it came on a Warrior. Thanks-James

i'm sure theres a thumb throttle cable somewhere that would work, probably could us a honda 450r cable as they have a fcr carb also.

i think having a twist is a little to dangerous on a quad. going over bumps and what not your wrists tend to take a beating and you could goose it by accident and end up in a tree. just my 2 cents tho.

I don't think you gonna ned the rappy airbox boot you just heat and oversize the stocker and I've a twist/thumb throught you pull a pin and it switches from one to the other and let me tell you if your not used to a twist already DON'T DO A TWIST THROUTTLE THAT SHYT IS DANGERIOUS!!!!!! I hade mine get away from me more then once because I was using a twist

I don't think you gonna ned the rappy airbox boot you just heat and oversize the stocker and I've a twist/thumb throught you pull a pin and it switches from one to the other and let me tell you if your not used to a twist already DON'T DO A TWIST THROUTTLE THAT SHYT IS DANGERIOUS!!!!!! I hade mine get away from me more then once because I was using a twist

Thanks, so it just swaps right over? I thought you had a 38mm mikuni Weston?

I do but I've messed with the rappy airbx and there's noway that that boot from the air box to the carb would line up with that setup running a warrior air box

So use my boot & airbox with the FCR then right? Getting the boot to swell shouldn't be a problem, I've had good luck with dipping stubborn stuff in boiling water for a short period. It'll usually cooperate after that, lol! I still don't quite understand what you were saying about swapping the throttles over though? Did you mean that I should be able to pull a pin at the cable end & just remove the twist throttle & reinstall the thumb???

i plan on getting an FCR for my z. cant wait till i do!

I swear guys, I search & search the web for hours sometimes(watchin football too, lol) & I get so pissed about the lack of available info for some stuff. This subject seems to be one of those that I just can't find what I'm looking for on! I did find that the YFZ450's as well as some other 450 quads use a larger FCR so maybe a thumb throttle & cables from a 450 Yammy would work for this thing but I have no way to confirm:( Nobody here has one of these carbs on their Warrior or Rappy? It's so frustrating that I'm considering a Keihin 38mm PE kit that Dennis Kirk sells, hopefully that would remove the guesswork, idk. The DK kit lists to fit a Warrior from 87-04, I hope it's complete. Anyway, I hope nobody thinks I'm a PITA sometimes when I try to be thorough, basically I'm just trying to make sure that info is complete & accurate for the next person that happens to Google a subject ya know.

I swear guys, I search & search the web for hours sometimes(watchin football too, lol) & I get so pissed about the lack of available info for some stuff. This subject seems to be one of those that I just can't find what I'm looking for on! I did find that the YFZ450's as well as some other 450 quads use a larger FCR so maybe a thumb throttle & cables from a 450 Yammy would work for this thing but I have no way to confirm:( Nobody here has one of these carbs on their Warrior or Rappy? It's so frustrating that I'm considering a Keihin 38mm PE kit that Dennis Kirk sells!

Back