300ex SHOCKS!!!!!!!! HELL YA!!!!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well if I have to re-jet it.. eff it. as for sprokets I might look into getting some with more teeth in the spring.

dude...why dont you just TRY it first,before you say Eff it?? i mean it aint that hard..
1. pull seat off
2.get a screw driver and un screw the screws
3.put the seat back on
4 ride it and SEE if it needs rejeted?

dude...why dont you just TRY it first,before you say Eff it?? i mean it aint that hard..
1. pull seat off
3.put the seat back on

Not so simple, the filter doesn't clamp on so you can't really just take the lid off and see what happens without getting a clamp-on kit. And it will be too lean for sure anyways.

[quote:eek:xlne33v]dude...why dont you just TRY it first,before you say Eff it?? i mean it aint that hard..
1. pull seat off
3.put the seat back on

Not so simple, the filter doesn't clamp on so you can't really just take the lid off and see what happens without getting a clamp-on kit. And it will be too lean for sure anyways.[/quote:eek:xlne33v]

Once again..my dumbassity has been proven...ill just shut up

dude, don't worry about it, I was thinking of trying it but then I thought about it more and well, i know my dad would say "you really don't need to do this" when some money and work is involved. he just wants me to ride.. I would do this by myself but either he wouldn't let me do it cause he thinks i'll **** something up, or I'll start doing it and he will start doing it and he'll be pissed off. (lazy ass parents) but I guess thats what happends to you when your about to hit the 50 year old mark.

Sprockets are relatively cheap, if you want more topend go up teeth in the front, if you want bottom end go down. Depends on the riding you do. You can find them on rockey mountain for less then 20 bucks.

so if I put a sprocket on with more teach it will go faster, just have less take off speed? My quad is really running shitty right now, I NEED to clean the airfilter (it hasn't been cleaned ever I don't think. and I ride in dust) so I don't get all the speed out of the quad. but I will see when it's cleaned. that could be why it is giving poor throttle response.

so if I put a sprocket on with more teach it will go faster, just have less take off speed? My quad is really running shitty right now, I NEED to clean the airfilter (it hasn't been cleaned ever I don't think. and I ride in dust) so I don't get all the speed out of the quad. but I will see when it's cleaned. that could be why it is giving poor throttle response.

Well if you ride in a lot of dust then just keep your air box lid on...you will have to clean it a lot more that way, unless you get one of those outerwear covers {there like 18 bucks}

If I ever took off the lid I would most definatly put one of those on. and I ride in the dust only on dry summer days. my air filter is probly glogged with a lot of **** and that could be why i'ts not giving good throttle response and not going as fast as it should! YESS IT IS SNOWING HERE! not hard.. we didn't even get an inch yet but still im happy, its snow! hopefully I can ride this weekend. I will take my air filter out, and put the stock one in so my dad can clean the other one and see if the stock one is cleaner!

I was helping him look for shocks that would fit. His stock front shocks were 12.25" long, shorter than any sport quad shock. The shortest sport quad shock is the 300ex, at 13", so that's what we went with. It would take some serious rigging to make a 400ex/450r fit, as they're around 17" I think.

I dont think he can change sprockets on his recon. Most utilities are shaft drive so his probably is too. If it is shaft then it will have the same problem as the kawasaki v force. In order to change gearing you would need taller or shorter tires. Shorter tires= better acceleration, lower top end speed and taller tires = taller gearing and no as good acceleration.

Back