2005 raptor 350 ideas/plans

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

406elcamino

Reaction score
Well i decided to keep the spark arrestor in cause i never noticed any power increase. But now im hunting for some more power and i need some input on what everybodys thoughts are

-one of those air box lids with the mesh breather cutout
( i would just drill holes in the lid but i want to keep all the stock pieces in case i sell it, and i dont want to run it without the lid because of **** that could get in)

- Now im going to get a high flow aftermarket air filter and i have heard that my best bet is a uni-filter, but i hear mixed things about k&n so im hesitant to spend that extra $$$ for one of those

-Now i know a muffler is one of the easiest upgrades for power but i dont really know which one i really need, (Im not racing the quad so top end power is not necessary im looking for more midrange cause i already have good torque as it is now)

I got the K&N pro flow kit and I am lovin it. As far as pipes go you can get a HMF which isn't all that expensive and will help you a great deal in power. My buddy has a 05 raptor with just a HMF pipe on it and his quad rips now. Even with the stock air filter.

If you were to get the pro flow kit be sure to get the outerwears along with it. This keeps the filter from sucking in unwanted water. You can run with no lid, and put the lid on for rides that you will be in water/mud. I know you can buy stock warrior air boxes off ebay for around 15 bucks. Thats something to think about if you have any doubts about selling it.

ehs racing has a machined cover with a built in outerwear that looks awesome. you could run a uni underneath, have the benefits of a closed box and more airflow, plus it will look pretty damn good.

heres the site http://ehsracing.com/

i think its about 70 bucks and a uni is about 20-25. the k&ns do give the power so if that whats youre really looking for then just get that.

If you match either filter with an hmf slip on and filter/ lid combo then you will have a lot more power everywhere. as an hmf owner i can vouch for that. every mod will be worth it here

So this will really open her up then eh? is there a horsepower # i could expect from all this?

id say a decent 4- 6 if you run a straight outerwear and k&n (open lid), and its jetted perfect. the hmf alone is 3 horses with no other mods or jetting, but 5 ibs. of torque is a big plus. with those numbers 5 ponies shouldnt be out of reach, and it will open the powerband up.

hmf is a good pipe i have it.... but its very loud so if nosie is an issue id look else where altho you can get a quite core for them ...dont know how well they work i dont have it......

Now im sure i will have to "re-jet" but what involved is there when you re-jet what do i need? can anybody do it? how do you know its jetted properly?

search the site......... many people have explained it MANY times and im sure dont want to agian

if your hesitant to jet the carb yourself, then take it to the shop if you dont mind spending labor fee's...many pipes offer quiet cores or are tunable for more or less power/noise...think about what you would rather have, a quiet quad or more power. then do research from there

Only problem with taking it to a shop is that you will never learn to do it yourself.

So whatever they charge you plan on investing that amount several times per year, as you will need to rejet as the tempuratures change and/or if you take your quad to higher/lower elevations.

Only problem with taking it to a shop is that you will never learn to do it yourself.

So whatever they charge you plan on investing that amount several times per year, as you will need to rejet as the tempuratures change and/or if you take your quad to higher/lower elevations.
so learn how **** up.... oops i ment jet your quad right :cool: find some one to help you do it that know wht they are doing.. and have them help you and show you how

It's really not that hard to do. The first time (and only time) i had the shop jet my quad and adjust my valves it cost me $180 in labor. It's worth it to at least try it yourself first before you take it to the shop and pay out the ass for them to do it. If you have problems while you're jetting it you can post the problem here and we'll help you figure out what the problem is.

For the guys running the K&N's, how is the filtration ? i have heard that alot of dust gets through and sitting in the spout of the carb neck. what is the maintainence like?

the K&n part i beleve they are running the clamp on kit....... not the drop in style

Back