2002 Warrior for 800 bucks, good deal?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluejuice1031

Reaction score
Hi....working on a deal for an 02 YMF350. Guy wanted 1000$, so far I have him down to 800$ She wont start though.

The seller said he bought it non-running, to use in a recent snowstorm, but never got the carb cleaned out and ended up not using it. Now wants to sell. Has new Holeshot tires all the way around. Missing stock headlight assembly. Plastic and seat good. Thats about all I can tell from pictures.

I will of course look at it closer in person, just wanted your opinion on the price so far.

Thanks
Roy

Thanks, thats what i was thinking. I hate the not running thing. Anything could be wrong. I don't like the idea off missing a great deal though...I've seen so many people offload stuff like this just because the carbs. were gummed up. Well, I asked the seller if it at least tries to start, and if there are reg. papers. no response yet. I'm thinking 650 at this point. will let you know.

spray some fuel in the carb and see if it fires .... if it doesnt there maybe more problems then the owner thinks

Pull the plug and put it next to the frame and crank it. If it sparks buy it. I would offer him $700

Pull the plug and put it next to the frame and crank it. If it sparks buy it. I would offer him $700

And out your thumb over the plug hole and crank it. If it is blown off (and I mean blown, not a little puff), you know compression is fairly good.

And out your thumb over the plug hole and crank it. If it is blown off (and I mean blown, not a little puff), you know compression is fairly good.

this is why i suggested spray fuel in the carb as you know right a way it there is spark and compression

Yeah, but it is almost faster to pull the plug with an 18mm wrench or socket&wrench, then it is to take the a/b lid off, and spray starting fluid in er. Either way works well. I prefer starting fluid in carb method, at the shop.

Hold out, he will take a lower price when it don't sell. Not alot of people know how to fix these.

I'm working on this guy right now http://clarksville.craigslist.org/bar/3626679677.html I'm gonna go look at it tomorrow and offer him $275. He has relisted it a few times and he just wants it gone, he will take it when you wave money in his face.

Be patient and don't pay any higher then you want to. I see warriors on craigslist daily for $500

Great advise, thank you everyone. I still haven't heard back from the guy, Craigslist is frustrating sometimes. I feel like whenever I ask good questions about the item, people get annoyed. I'm trying to set something up to go look at it. This is goning to take a while to play out.

Back