1992 Warrior wont run in reverse

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skylarc180484

Reaction score
hey everyone, i was wondering if there is a problem with warriors not starting in reverse or in an gear but neutral and stalls when it is running in reverse. Every once in a while i can switch into reverse with out it stalling. The motor doesnt make any noises when i put it in reverse it is like turning the on off switch off i can try my hardest to keep it running but it wont. This makes me think its in the electronics maybe? i dont know. any help is greatly appreciated.

Sounds like the reverse switch may be faulty. It is the wire that goes into the crankcase on the leftside near the rear engine mounting bolts, it's right behind the ground lead. You can test this with an ohmeter. Not sure if this would cause it to stall?? Your CDI may also be defective!

thanks for the help. it turns out it was the sensor in the clutch perch. the lever was too worn so it wudnt move the sensor far enough. thanks for the help though :)

Back