• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to YFM350 and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2003 z400 for sale or trade

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teamexileracing

Reaction score
K my friend has to get rid of his z400 it is going to cost him way too much to get the engine fixed becuase of labor costs....theres something in his engine and they have to crack the cases to get it out then put it all back together. it was going to be over 1000 in costs....it would be easy for a person thats good with engines to fix, hes not at all....so hes selling it or trading it.

Heres what he got on it

DG nerfs
swing arm skid
pro taper handle bars
new brake pads
new holeshot hd's 95% tred left front and back
new cluch
new radiator fan
new chain
LDR full exhaust

this thing was fast!!!!

Well he wants to eather trade for anther quad or sell it so make offers he said $2500 obo.

Ill get pics soon.

I know you said OBO, but a starting price for $2500 on a non-running Z seems a bit much. Not to mention you mentioned he's being told $1000 to fix it. For $3500 you can buy a pretty clean used YFZ.

Yea, honestly the price of anything not running will have to be drastically lower, tell your friend that. Nobody will buy it for that price.

hahahaha i told him i think i actualy talked him down to 2000 obo. Its only going to be 1000 for labor...all they have to take apart the bottem end and get a peice out then put it back together it ran flawless before that happend once you get the peice out it should be fine....that no problem for half of you guys then you could have a sweet z400....its all labor costs not parts or anything.

the guys at the store dont know thats why they have to break into the bottem end....its too hard for the gears to grind it up to shrap....but it ran fine with it in there it just made noise....

we thought it was the timing when we took it in but they checked it and it was perfect so they took off the top end and saw that there was something hitting the bottem on the cylinder so they said they have to crack the cases and get what ever it is out what ever it is.

no he needs at least enough money to buy something like an older 400ex or something. Idk his neighbor might be buying it off him. Ill keep you guys informed.

1000 to open the engine?
That sounds like a rip! Just open it up yourselves, Suzuki engines come off real easy. I'm an amatuer wannabe mechanic at best and even I've done it.

well he is not anywhere near a mechanic. he can ever fill his own tires with air. hahahaha. He just wants something and not have to deal with it...see its even an easy fix for non mechanics....and yeah its a big rip. Its like 75 an hour. It took them 3 hours to just take the top end off. So hes already put 200 into this and got nowhere. He was pissed.

sounds like the engine is all fucked up. Any time you got loose **** inside a engine is not a good thing. I bet you're looking at quite a bit of money just to get it running.
I'll have to drop my price $99. Take it or leave it.

hahaha if its all fucked up why does it run now...all it does is make a noise? If you put it back together it will run it iwll just make a noise. Idk im no the mechanic here. Im just trying to help a friend out.

turn that **** upside down and shake it lol. If there's something that fell down inside and is loose, it's LOOSE lol. Just give it the shimmy and see what happens. I bet those mechanics were just seeing how much cash they could milk out of him. A place that's charging $75 an hour to work on a quad is definitely out to snag every penny they can, so I wouldn't take too much of it seriously.

hahaha if its all fucked up why does it run now...all it does is make a noise? If you put it back together it will run it iwll just make a noise. Idk im no the mechanic here. Im just trying to help a friend out.

Luke, think of it like putting your dick into a grinder. :eek: That's pretty much what your doing everytime you start the engine. All those pretty little parts are now turning into ****. All that **** is going to have to be replaced on top of getting that part out of the engine. Plus you'll have to tear down the complete engine to find out what all got damaged. That's a lot of freaking money man.
If you get over $1000 for her I'll be impressed. :'( :(

turn that **** upside down and shake it lol. If there's something that fell down inside and is loose, it's LOOSE lol. Just give it the shimmy and see what happens. I bet those mechanics were just seeing how much cash they could milk out of him. A place that's charging $75 an hour to work on a quad is definitely out to snag every penny they can, so I wouldn't take too much of it seriously.

I keep hitting modify and ment to hit quote. I'm so use to hitting the quote button that I don't even relise that I'm modify the post. This is going to take some time to get use to. haha

You know what is funny is I work for a shop that charges that much an hour! :eek:

Back