Hotcams Stage 1

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior350x

Reaction score
Is the Hotcam stage 1 worth the time in installing, does it it give you noticable power? on the carts it shows a increase but will i feel it while riding it. need some help, not sure if its worth $130

Well, the best way I've heard the Hotcams stage 1 cam described is, It is the Most Mild aftermarket cam available, while still creating more power than the stock cam. Since you have some mild motor work, I'd say to go with something a little more stronger. Maybe a web ($117 or so) or powroll ($245 or so) midrange cam. Those are some of the better performing cams, or so I've heard.
~Bill

HotCams Stage 1

* Extract maximum performance from your engine
* Hot Cams provide increased intake and exhaust duration for improved breathability and more horsepower
* Provides significantly more mid-range punch and top-end speed for most models
* Core trade-in not required so you can keep the original camshaft
* Compatible with most models stock valve springs and rockers
* Adjustable cam sprockets come with some models
* Specifically designed for the demands of motocross or desert racing only
* Compatible with stock valve springs and rockers

Specs:
Intake Lift: 10mm
Intake Duration (@1mm): 254 Degrees
Exhaust Lift: 10mm
Exhaust Duration (@ 1mm): 254 Degrees

It's what i'm getting for mine along with KibbleWhite (BlackDiamond) Springs, Valves and Guides..... $331.94

HotCams Stage 1

* Extract maximum performance from your engine
* Hot Cams provide increased intake and exhaust duration for improved breathability and more horsepower
* Provides significantly more mid-range punch and top-end speed for most models
* Core trade-in not required so you can keep the original camshaft
* Compatible with most models stock valve springs and rockers
* Adjustable cam sprockets come with some models
* Specifically designed for the demands of motocross or desert racing only
* Compatible with stock valve springs and rockers

Specs:
Intake Lift: 10mm
Intake Duration (@1mm): 254 Degrees
Exhaust Lift: 10mm
Exhaust Duration (@ 1mm): 254 Degrees

It's what i'm getting for mine along with KibbleWhite (BlackDiamond) Springs, Valves and Guides..... $331.94

You can't just believe everything hotcams says about their products. It's only a .390 cam, the stock one is a .388 so you aren't getting a very noticable difference. And hotcams actually recommends using the stock valve springs, as opposed to stiffer aftermarket springs like you have on your shopping list. If you're already going to be spending all that money to get the stiffer springs, why not spend a few extra bucks and get the best cam instead of an "ok" cam? You ARE looking for more performance, right?

how much is a stage 1 web cam? i've really been thinking of getting a one just not sure of the brand. oh and are the kibblewhite valve spring kits worth the money? one more question, with say...a stage 1 web cam and kibblewhite valve spring kit how much more power am i looking at?

4017-1.jpg

That is with stock valves and springs.

$180 from HotCams
or
$161.99 from Dennis Kirk

that looks like a fake dyno sheet it doesnt have the hp on the left side like all others have. oh and im thinking i seen stage 1 hot cams for $124 on ebay new. so dennis kirk and buying it from hot cams inc. would be a rip off.

Hell, since they don't state the hp on the left side, they can measure it by 1/8th a hp, and make the spread of stock vs hotcams stage 1 like a 2 foot gap at peak. I personally don't see anything there to make that chart valid, sorry.

The thing is that the Hotcams Stage 1 cam is one of the Most Mild, if not The Most Mild aftermarket cams available. like was stated previously it's only a .02 larger lift over stock cam specs. I'd just bank the money, and end up going with a good mid range cam, and get your money's worth.

To me it sounds like that cam is for someone who has a stock motor, a pipe, and is looking for something a little extra, but doesn't want to go through the troubles of changing the filter, and will have a shop install the cam.
~Bill

LMAO, why would i go have a shop put it in when i can go to my own shop and put it in myself?

To me it looks like it would go by 5s, and at the top of the graft it would be around 25HP. Seems to be right since the stock wheel HP is like 22, 23. I heard the stock motor makes about 27 HP at the motor. Mickey Dunlap of FST told me the kit I bought (Warrior power kit) would give around 30 wheel HP. Thats 11.1 compression, his cam, valve springs and a ported head. Thats why I think a 446 kit would put you around 40HP or better.
That said, with a stock motor the stage 1 cam probably gives what it says. 25 HP. Def. better then stock.

I don't know if its so much the valve lift were worried about, or the duration, in a car duration usually has more to do with the power characteriztics and drivablity then lift. Mabe the 430 cam has more duration then a .390, which would also explain the power movin up in the powerband.

well i was looking into a web race cam but they said i need to change the valves, i dont want to do it. i have all the tools and the know how to do it because my dad ownes a shop but i want to get it done in a day.

well i was looking into a web race cam but they said i need to change the valves, i dont want to do it. i have all the tools and the know how to do it because my dad ownes a shop but i want to get it done in a day.

You must have read it wrong, you need to replace the valve SPRINGS, you can keep the stock valves without any problems. You would also need to replace the valve springs with any cam other than a stage 1 hotcam, so don't let that affect your decision.

Stage one hot cam is a .394 lift

Stock cam is .382

YOU CANT RUN STIFFER SPRINGS WITH A HOTCAM
when mine broke it was the first thing they asked, so do not put stiffer springs in.

Its a good gain over stock and honestly i cant tell all that much diffrence going to the .430 webcam, i mean i noticed it but not as much as i expected.

I will be doing a hotcam this winter along with the powroll 365cc kit. I'll keep you guys posted on it unless you beat me to it :D

The power is shifted a little more towards the top end, with a slight sacrifice of bottom end. When you install a higher compression piston you'll gain back that power and feel a even greater effect in the powerband. The web cam just gives you a bit more midrange and top end, and it only costs 100 even when you trade your stocker core.

Back