Stage 1 Hotcam

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dswwarrior350

Reaction score
I while back i bought a Hotcam for my warrior. So far i have enjoyed every minute of it being in. It gave me a great boost in power in all Rpm ranges really. The install was pretty strait forward. Simply take out the old cam, and cam bearing, put a new bearing on the Hotcam, put the cam sprocket on the hotcam, and reinstall. Then adjust you valves to .13mm intake and .15mm exhaust. Hotcams reccomends changing the oil after you reinstall it. Break in was pretty simple too, simply run the cam for 1/2 hour under normal riding conditions, no big hills, just some nice riding. You are not supposed to let the quad idle or stay under 3000 rpm's long while riding it. After the 1/2 hour check the valves and put the back to the specs i listed earlier if you need to. After that you are good to go and ride for a long time. The nicest things about the Hotcam is that you do not have to buy new valve springs, or send in your stock cam, so its a drop in mod that only take a couple hours to do. You dont even need to buy a gasket set or anything. So its about 170 dollars(with required parts) which is cheaper than almost all exhausts for a great HP gain. I hope this review helps alot of people out. Here's a Dyno chart for the power increase.
:)
camdyno.jpg

warrior_cam.gif

Mine was installed yesterday, but I ahvent gotten to ride it yet.

Do you know the HP numbers on the Dyno chart?

I'm curious as to how much of an increase that actually is.

Or any idea what the stock peak # is?

dont they have like stage 2 and three whats the differenc between all of em?? the others give more bottom end right??

Actually the higher the lift in the cam use a .450 for example will put your power a tad bit higher in the rpm range but a .390 wont move the power to much it will give you some hp without moving the powerband much.

The stock motor maxes out at about 17 or 18 hp. So if my calculations are correct it should put you at about 21 or 22 horses if that chart is right, damn good increase if you ask me.

Yea, I was thinking thats about what it was. I was wanting to do the same thing and estimate the HP gain from that chart.

And definately a worthwhile gain for the $

Latest posts

Back