Zoom Zoom Carburetor

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jpills310

Reaction score
Good morning. I purchased a 1989 Yamaha Big Bear 350 4x4. My buddy was getting rid of it. I paid about $100 for it and out maybe another $500 into it including tires. I don't really know anything about quads at all and figured this would be good quad to start on. I got it running. It would run fine for a little while then the carb would gunk up and I would have to rebuild/ clean it. The carb that was on it is a Zoom Zoom. I decided a new carb is cheap enough to just replace it. So I purchased a new Zoom Zoom but for some reason the new carb is meant for only a single throttle cable and not meant for a dual which is what's on my quad. Im not sure if this is an updated version of the Zoom Zoom carb that was on it or not. Like I said im kind of new to this so please excuse any terminology I might have wrong. I'm just wondering if anyone has ran into this before when replacing their carb and if there is a fix to it or am I supposed to bypass something or purchase something else along with it. Thanks in advance. I added a couple of pics from online. not my carbs but same set up. One with the cover off is the revised set up with single cable. The other pic is OEM set up and the set up of the carb that was on it when I bought it.

Attachments

• 61WPaGMmTBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    61WPaGMmTBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 814nEER1kbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    814nEER1kbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 1
The older bikes ran a 2 cable design where the newer ones run single cable I would definitely consider buying a new updated cable that doesn't split into 2 so you don't have to worry about the Hassel.

Back