Zoom Zoom carb help please

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jnucc

Reaction score
okay i just bought a new mukuni replica, the zoom zoom carb. i bolted it on and it fired right up but when i give i gas it bogs out... what should i do? do they have an air screw or fuel screw to adjust too? does anyone know the stock settings for all the adjustment screws. im beyond bummed out with this thing right now. please no comments on rebuilding my oem.. i did and it still runs like complete crap.

If you have ANY mods you will have to rejet. The idle air mixture screw is the one on the bottom of the carb not the bowl

zoom zoom

is it a fuel screw or air screw and i have no engine mods except a fmf pipe

You did get the Zoom Zoom for the Warrior collect?

That carb should need no adjustments with only an FMF pipe on it.
Make sure your fuel delivery system if not clogged somewhere and it is providing plenty of fuel to the carb.
Also check for cracks or tears on your manifold boot.

And by the way it is a fuel screw not an air screw on that carb.

But with just an FMF pipe I would not change any of the settings on the Zoom Zoom carb without checking out the fuel delivery system and the manifold boot first.

Thanks

thanks for the help guys, i guess all it needed was a fuel screw adjustment. i screwed it in all the way backed it out 1 1/2 turns and it worked like a charm... rides better than it did when i bought it hahah. stay tuned in this thread for updates on the carb. For 66$ so far im happy but only time will tell.

Did yours bolt right up? My warrior has a split throttle cable, one went to the side plastic cover for the linkage, and the other went to the needle. The carb I got from zoom zoom only allows the use of the side throttle.

Did yours bolt right up? My warrior has a split throttle cable, one went to the side plastic cover for the linkage, and the other went to the needle. The carb I got from zoom zoom only allows the use of the side throttle.

Split cables are for 1st gen, single cables are for 2nd gen. Buy a motion pro throttle cable for $13 and be done with it. Those split cables are a pain.

I bought one for my 02, they sent the Raptor style. After getting the intake boot and putting it on. It runs better than it ever has. It's been sitting now since Memorial Day weekend. Been playing on the wave Raider on the lake all summer. Went out yesterday and it fired right up.

Back