Z400? what can I do!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigranger

Reaction score
What can I possibly do to my raptor to keep up with a z400? I really want to beat him, but I'd be happy to stay close. Anything out there that does not involve boring the engine or should I just save for the ole 450? :-/

Why are so many people concerned with their top end speed/who is faster? Improve your handling, shift points, and your riding skills and you will be faster... Your friends Z400 is only as fast as you/he lets it go around the next bend, down the next set of whoops, off the next jump, around the next winding trail, and up the next hill climb. I ride with many people who have faster bikes then me, when it comes down to it I’m a much more skilled rider - guess who’s in front... I am saving for a YFZ for its jumping stability and light weight; my Warrior is still an excellent quad though and won’t be going anywhere. Him just having a faster bike then you doesn’t make him faster unless you let him; the fastest person (unless on straight shoot outs) is almost always the person with the biggest set, not the fastest machine. There are way to many penises around my area on fast quads and bikes that don’t have the nuts to keep up in anything but straight aways.

On another note a 446 FST stroker with the right setup will toast him.

dood my quad beats kfx and z its how your ride well your draggin or on a track on a track threw sertan parts i can run with yfzs

Death is right. Drag racing is not a 'real' contest- unless you are building a drag quad.

Quads are designed for so much more than drag racing.

Race him in under real conditions. Then the winner has bragging rights!

Track and Trail is what separates the men from the boys; anyone who can shift that owns a faster machine can win in a straight line. If the person in front of me is banking turns in 3rd and im drifting them in 5th it doesn’t matter if his machine is faster... If you clear 3 whoops and he can’t clear 1 you will be faster, If you get 20 feet of distance off a jump and he doesn’t have the set to get half that you will be faster, if you hit a hill climb full throttle balls to the wall that he hesitates on you will be faster, if aggressive riding tires him out before you because of your experience you will be faster, etc...

If you are racing through the woods you should be either WOT or on the breaks, never cruise, push it to the edge.

Yeah, I know you guys are right. I just don't get a chance to race any of these people on a real track. The only racing any of my friends do is in a straight line. :-/

I'm not sure, I just met the guy today. I think we are.
I know I can jump better then him, but I really couldn't tell if he was a better rider or not.
We only raced one time so.......I may have come closer if we tried it a few more times. I also just got off a buddies 660 so I didn't have the feel for mine as well as I usually do.

Ya........I'll prolly just buy some +2's and new shocks.
Then go find a track. ;D

yeah widen that bitch up, good set of tires, pipe and air fliter. jetting... and rider skills...... youl kick some ass

Back