yz426 hybrid serious discussion

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastlywarrior228

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i wanted to make a thread for all the talk about it going around and ive been wanting to do this for almost 2 years. this is whats making me second guess the 446.

my ideas- a yz400 or 426 would be perfect. ive been on kinda a lookout for a nice rolling chassis warrior minus motor, exhaust and electrical. id transfer all my aftermarket parts over to this chassis. id try and use as much from the bike as possible, motor, electrical, exhaust, bars and levers, hell maybe even the rear suspension link. id like to have myself or someone else design all the mounts and gussets youll need and have them laser cut and sold as a kit. what does everyone else think, i found some articles that someone made a couple mx warrior with this motor back in 02 and they ripped but had a problem with bolts staying in and cracking frames.:evilface:

Last edited:
Ive been contemplating doing this to every since bryanquad joined the site. He is supposed to be sending me some close up pics of mounts and such, should remind him!!! LOL His has been holding up good from what I can tell and his is pretty biult.

Man id be down to buy some of them mounts if the were made right, Im realy good with welding so thats not a prob. As long as you got some good grade 8 bolts with some nylon locking nuts, they shouldnt come loose.

technically the yfz450 started out as a warrior with a 426 motor in it but by the time they changed the geometry to more 250r like and update the looks then they came out with the 450 motor, it became a completely different design

Ive been contemplating doing this to every since bryanquad joined the site. He is supposed to be sending me some close up pics of mounts and such, should remind him!!! LOL His has been holding up good from what I can tell and his is pretty biult.
i will send the pics of it and it is fine i have raced this quad since 02 it was a mx quad i have had it the whole time it is a yfz killer

Why doesnt anyone try a sled motor? That is the coolest hybrid IMO. Way better than a street bike motor?

Why doesnt anyone try a sled motor? That is the coolest hybrid IMO. Way better than a street bike motor?
its ok i had one it is just for drag racing when you do that if you have a street bike motor you can still ride it my buddy has a ds 650 with a gsxr 750 motor in it and rides it all over

I saw a snomoquad do 300' in 3.7 seconds. And an R1 Banshee did 4 seconds. I would rather have a sled motor in my quad, it would be better at the dunes, in a drag race. It isnt like you would be able to ride a R1 quad at a MX track anyway?

I saw a snomoquad do 300' in 3.7 seconds. And an R1 Banshee did 4 seconds. I would rather have a sled motor in my quad, it would be better at the dunes, in a drag race. It isnt like you would be able to ride a R1 quad at a MX track anyway?
yes they are fast

Heres some pics that bryan sent me of his set-up.
PhotoMoto0117-1.jpg

PhotoMoto0118-1.jpg

PhotoMoto0113-1.jpg

PhotoMoto0111.jpg

PhotoMoto0115.jpg

PhotoMoto0114.jpg

PhotoMoto0112.jpg

PhotoMoto0116.jpg

damnit, there small, and of poor quality. better then nothing I guess.........

Man, I really want to do this mod. I need to!!

Back