You know what sucks?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atv

Reaction score
Flat tires...

I went over my friend house on saturday to ride and 5 minutes after i got my atv off the truck and my dad left we started riding
yea well i was doing wheelie and started feeling the atv go to the side im like shittttttt so i stop and look at my tire and here to find out My brand new Itp Holeshots Xc or sumtin like that that have 3-4 rides on them have a flat tire... well 10 minutes later we finally find the hole but found out it wasnt even like a nail it was a rip in the tire like a crack in 2 places... so i was wondering if these plugs dont hold can you like put a flat patch on the inside of the tire?

Instead of messing around with a flat patch which might not hold up because of all the flexing these tires do, i'd just put an inner tube in and be done with it. That's what we've always done with our quads and never had one leak after the tube was installed.

yea your best bet is a tube... had one installed in my beartrackers rear tire and its held up great!!

well if you put a tube in, and its like split like you said the tube may not hold up to well. with small holes and such a tube would work great, but if its split, shits gonna get in there, the tube *could* buldge out.... i guess it matters how big the split is.

they will put a boot and then a tube, the boot will sit agaisnt the tire o nthe inside so that nothin can get in and po pthe tube

My cousin's quadracer has a 2 inch slice through the sidewall of his dry rotted holeshots, with no boot inside, and it's held up fine so far.

Try to find a local place that does "vulcanized" tire patches. They'll put a rubber patch inside the tire, and they use heat and pressure to make it a permanent part of the tire. Should last the life of the tire no problem. The only problem is it's hard to find a place to do it.

just buy a new tire.

the tire is like brand new with like 3-4 rides on it lol

and i will get pictures of these splits if the plugs dont hole... their like 1/2 inch long which is the longest maybe shorter and a smaller one right next to it...

Tire balls are pretty $$$ i believe

o lol well anyway

I filled the tire up with air yesturday to 2.6lbs and now its down to 2.2lbs... this sucks cause i think its a SUPER slow leak... ill check it again later

if its that slow just patch it . it cost like $10 and at discount tire they use a torch and compressed air like stated before and the tire wouls have to get punctured the same way for it to leak again

Plug it, It can be plugged, My friend riped his mud sharks on the side wall, and you could stick abotu 3 fingers in the rip, but we were able to plug it up( a billion plugs must have been used, byt we got it.)

this thread brings back memories of having to ride home on a flat tire, I was about 15 km away from home. It was a shitty deal but I fixed her up with three plugs. Those tires are long gone now and thank god cause they were **** (stockers)

Back