yfz or raptor 700?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raptor_350_racer

Reaction score
guys ive currently got a 2013 raptor 350. were gonna be getting rid of it and I have the choice of a left over 2013 or 2013 yfz450 or raptor700.
I like the idea of reverse, and being able to beat my buddies who have 450s if I get the raptor.
I read that the raptor tips over very easily?
im 5'9/10 and 135lbs. I read that the yfz is better for smaller riders and the raptors good for taller guys.
im never gonna be on a track, just trails. some tight some open fire roads, some hill climbs, occasionally smaller jumps, and open fields. I like going fast and having torque. what quad would be best for me? I posted this on thumpertalk and like 3 or 4 for raptor and one for 450.

Both are great machines, I personally would get the 450, but both have pro's and con's. Yes a 700 is little tippy but that can be fixed with some extended a arms and a extended axle. I got a 686 raptor built for trails/XC and honestly its took a lot of money to get it safe and comfortable. If your gonna just be riding trails and no tracks or racing then get the 700. They are torque monsters and have plenty of speed.

personally youd get the 450 but for what im doing you recommend the 700. ahhhh. I cnt figure out what I wanna do!

Yfz 450. You are built for it. The raptor wouldnt be as fun as a yfz would be for you.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

this is tough. I know the yfz isn't too heavy so the reverse thing isn't a big deal.
but I don't want maintenance like every 10 hours having to do an oil change and what not. I don't wanna be doing motor work a lot either.

wich is more reliable?
the reverse thing isn't a big deal, cuz I know the yfz is light. but I don't wanna be doing oil changes every 8 hours, and having to open the motor a lot..

If maintained both will last for years, Get the YFZ you wont be disappointed. As the weight and height that's a myth I weigh 230 full gear and both 450's I had wasn't too small for me. I had a 07 for almost a year and sold it to my cousin and then financed a KFX450 and the bank took it lol personal reasons, the entire time both had no problems and I never once had to adjust the valves. they say to around 100 hours but that should be done regardless. Regular maintenance is the life of any quad.

I'd go KFX if I were you. Nothing wrong with the YFZ but reverse is so ******* nice. Also, I've ridden a lightly modded Raptor, and it is a wheelie monster in every gear. I weigh 45lbs more then you and can't keep it down. So, keep that in mind.

It will lug to a point, but not like a warrior. It has a light fly wheel.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

ok. I think im gonna go with the yfz, ill throw a exhaust, power commander, air filter and some other **** on it right off the bat.
whats a good exhaust and power commander for the efi? I had an fmf on my raptor and loved it.

ok. I think im gonna go with the yfz, ill throw a exhaust, power commander, air filter and some other **** on it right off the bat.
whats a good exhaust and power commander for the efi? I had an fmf on my raptor and loved it.

Dasa, Rossier, Yoshi for exhaust. ECU would be the pcv. Don't forget the FCI.

ok. do thy still make the yfz450x? I know in 2012 the yfz450 was real cheap. why was this? should I go for 2013, or is the 12's fine? did they make a 450x in 12 and 13?

You can still get a x or r or carb model brand new. UCU is power commander and FCI is the best damn intake you can buy for it.

ok. I think ill look for an X. ive found a few R's that are 11,12,13s for right around 55-7000. but I think the width of the X is needed.

Back