Yfm350 serious power build!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
na you have to watch with that. if it wasnt designed with it originally, you could hurt flow or even the flame burn path. id be happy with only a bigger intake.

on another note, who would be up for machining a 4 valve head for the warrior

I have the JE 10.5:1 piston and at .040" deck it has 225 psi cranking compression. I have the .450" cam. The exhaust valve has very little clearance which I believe the spec is like .060". I have .020". I'm just letting you know so that way when you put that 12:1 piston in the dome is a lot bigger so it's going to come closer to the combustion chamer as well as the valves, so make sure to check for valve clearance. Also don't be suprised if you have to run a mix of race gas and pump. Mine bearly runs on pump, I have to retard the timing sometimes with anything under 93.

On top of this heat is a huge issue for me. My engine runs really hot and I would say if you want to run anything more then 11:1. A oil cooler is a must.

I'm going to get a smaller cam so I can run a little less deck clearance and not worry about clearance issues with cam timing. Give me a broader torque curve and wider power band. Be much easier on the valve train. This smaller cam will better suit this engine.

Talk to Mickey from FST and he says that the +1 intake valve doesn't work because it creates shouding. He has a flow bench and has worked on how many warriors so I would really trust him. If I wanted something done and for a little cheaper then Duncan I would get the head done through him. He is not going to bullshit you. Duncan guy's have a SERI machine that cuts valve seats and they have done a lot of work making the +1 valve work. My head is done through them and they did some awesome work. I mean for the kind of money you throwing out there is the return worth it? Gain is like maybe 4 hp.
Look at how much HP bolting on a pipe to 700r for instance.

Anyway. If you guy's are serious about building this engine talk to the engine builders. They will tell you what works and doesn't. I've both talked to them and tried it for myself.

Peace guys.

yeah, someone makes a 510 stroker kit for the warrior, id love to get my hands on that, with a full port and polish, a cam with a .430 lift for both sides, a 12:1 piston, a damn good valve setup, and anything else i can do to get the max horsepower out of it, i know for sure that would kill a 450 or any other quad. except for a drag banshee lol, otherwise, it'd kill, but you'd have to do the oil cooler mod also, i would love that quad lol also it's be cool to get one of those lockout clutches with an override tranny lol

Last edited:
I've raced against and ridden a lot of drag quads, and you're right, you probably could beat a couple drag Banshees. So many people's set ups aren't right for drag racing, for example, my 390lb 75hp+/- Raptor beat a 110hp alky 10mil Cub that weighs 275lbs wet, because he weighed over 300lbs and his set up wasn't right. It just takes the combo of the right things and you can either beat or loose by a lot to someone. BUT, if you're looking to go fast, seriously, get a Banshee, TRX250r, or something besides building a 510cc Warrior that'll cost $4k to build correctly, even then, it won't be extremely reliable IMO.

Not trying to knock on the Warrior... But I've spent my fair share of time and money trying to go fast on a 350..... It doesn't happen.

Last edited:
Thank u all I’m knew yo this building been riding all my life but now trying to save a buck and do it myself.gd advice I think lol#newbie

I've raced against and ridden a lot of drag quads, and you're right, you probably could beat a couple drag Banshees. So many people's set ups aren't right for drag racing, for example, my 390lb 75hp+/- Raptor beat a 110hp alky 10mil Cub that weighs 275lbs wet, because he weighed over 300lbs and his set up wasn't right. It just takes the combo of the right things and you can either beat or loose by a lot to someone. BUT, if you're looking to go fast, seriously, get a Banshee, TRX250r, or something besides building a 510cc Warrior that'll cost $4k to build correctly, even then, it won't be extremely reliable IMO.

Not trying to knock on the Warrior... But I've spent my fair share of time and money trying to go fast on a 350..... It doesn't happen.
Dam my dreams are shattered I’m trying to get my raptor to do at least 80mph

Latest posts

Back