Yfm350 engine noise

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ice

Reaction score
Hello 350 forum.

I recently bought a barn find in the form of a Yamaha Raptor 350 YFM, 2008. It has been stationary for 13-14 years, that is, since it was almost new. When I picked it up, the cover for the stator had been removed, on the side where the starter motor is located. Why, no one knows 🤷🏼‍♂️ - I have cleaned everything, lubricated everything, changed the oil with filter, new spark plug, new battery, etc. In addition, it was missing a carburetor, so I managed to do everything else before I found a Mikuni carburetor and therefore i didnt know if it would start.

I have found the carburator, and managed to start it up, with a little help. It now starts first time, but there is a sound from the engine, and I fear the worst. It's just strange because it hasn't gone more than 1800km. There is a digital speedometer mounted, where this is counted.

Can anyone hear what the sound could be and have a qualified guess for fixing it before I disassemble everything?

I will leave a video here:

Have a Good evening.

Attachments

• IMG_0188.MOV
    34.6 MB
Its behind the stator wheel right? How do i check if its broken? - can it be done without disassembling?

Back