Yamaha or Honda

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorrider13

Reaction score
It's funny because everyone on this forum thinks Honda are ****, but in my area its the exact opposite. But I'm a Warrior lover. Even though my Warrior has more repairs than my 1986 125 I still think Yamaha is better. For 1 yamaha's quads look WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than Hondas!!!!!(with an exception of the old 400EX's) Do you not agree?

I've always liked underdogs. Honda is a much, much bigger manufacturer. I've always had good experiences with Yamaha and Honda, but Honda has become a copy cat of Yamaha designs as have the other manufacturers. They all try to imitate the raptor's style. Sort of like when Dodge changed the curves on their pickup and ford and the rest followed as soon as they seen how much people liked it.

Anybody should buy what they like. I just give people a hard time about Hondas to joke around. It don't really matter to me what anyone rides.

I've had hondas, kawasakis, right now I have a suzuki lt250r and my warrior, and my worst experience is acutally my warrior. I doubt that any of it is yamaha's fault, I think the previous owner used water instead of oil or something the way this thing falls apart all the time. I'm not really brand loyal, but with my experiences I had better luck with hondas.

Yea, i used to love honda...but as of right now, im convinced that my warrior isnt much slower than a 400ex...so im happy with my underdog yamaha.

i was always a honda man when i rode trikes (still do, but quads more now). so its not brand loyalty, i've just always prefered the looks of the yamaha quads better.

right now it kinda seems honda is falling behind.. right now if you ask me yamaha and suzuki are on the top of thier game as far as quads go.... honda just seem slower when compared to something else.... for instance. honda400ex vs suzuki 400 lt the suzuki spanks its ass every time. hands down. but i haveto give it to them in the looks department on the trx 450. i think it looks pretty nice. even tho ill never own a honda quad..

right now it kinda seems honda is falling behind.. right now if you ask me yamaha and suzuki are on the top of thier game as far as quads go.... honda just seem slower when compared to something else.... for instance. honda400ex vs suzuki 400 lt the suzuki spanks its ass every time. hands down. but i haveto give it to them in the looks department on the trx 450. i think it looks pretty nice. even tho ill never own a honda quad..

well i see you left the raptor 350 out of the discussion of the 400ex and z. and well done. the raptor 350 isnt any competition to the 400's and lets face it, the engine is kind of outdated in our yfm's (sorry, but its the truth) thats why id like to see yamaha work on the engine of the rappy 350 and maybe up it to a 400, give it liquid cooling, etc. because right now, they are losing in the market of people looking for an affordable, mid-size quad.

I've always liked underdogs. Honda is a much, much bigger manufacturer. I've always had good experiences with Yamaha and Honda, but Honda has become a copy cat of Yamaha designs as have the other manufacturers. They all try to imitate the raptor's style. Sort of like when Dodge changed the curves on their pickup and ford and the rest followed as soon as they seen how much people liked it.

Anybody should buy what they like. I just give people a hard time about Hondas to joke around. It don't really matter to me what anyone rides.

that is awesome!!

[quote:nid5auuz]right now it kinda seems honda is falling behind.. right now if you ask me yamaha and suzuki are on the top of thier game as far as quads go.... honda just seem slower when compared to something else.... for instance. honda400ex vs suzuki 400 lt the suzuki spanks its ass every time. hands down. but i haveto give it to them in the looks department on the trx 450. i think it looks pretty nice. even tho ill never own a honda quad..

well i see you left the raptor 350 out of the discussion of the 400ex and z. and well done. the raptor 350 isnt any competition to the 400's and lets face it, the engine is kind of outdated in our yfm's (sorry, but its the truth) thats why id like to see yamaha work on the engine of the rappy 350 and maybe up it to a 400, give it liquid cooling, etc. because right now, they are losing in the market of people looking for an affordable, mid-size quad.[/quote:nid5auuz]

The 400EX motor is from the 1980s as well... wtf are you talking about? The Raptor 350/Warrior are NOT that much slower then the 400EX despite one anyone thinks (I own both a Warrior and a 440EX). I ******* hate the 400 and we got it BRAND NEW, it's been nothing but problems.

As far as copy cat designs yea... Look at the new 450 Zuki and compare it to the YFZ (they look very similar besides the douchey lights and heal guards on the zuki). I am not brand loyal I own an array of many machines from many different companies; when it comes down to sport quads my choice is almost always Yamaha though. I just throw Honda jokes out there to **** around, I really dont care what anyone rides; just ride!

[quote author=admin board=general thread=1133920706 post=1133931241...I just throw Honda jokes out there because I'm mean! I really dont care what anyone rides; just ride![/quote]

Fixxed!

[quote:u8g3477z]

well i see you left the raptor 350 out of the discussion of the 400ex and z. and well done. the raptor 350 isnt any competition to the 400's and lets face it, the engine is kind of outdated in our yfm's (sorry, but its the truth) thats why id like to see yamaha work on the engine of the rappy 350 and maybe up it to a 400, give it liquid cooling, etc. because right now, they are losing in the market of people looking for an affordable, mid-size quad.

The 400EX motor is from the 1980s as well... wtf are you talking about? The Raptor 350/Warrior are NOT that much slower then the 400EX despite one anyone thinks (I own both a Warrior and a 440EX). I ******* hate the 400 and we got it BRAND NEW, it's been nothing but problems.[/quote:u8g3477z]

i know that the 400ex's engine is outdated. that was meant to be said about the z. ive ridden the 400ex as well, and the engine pretty much feels the same as my warrior besides a tad more top end. thats always my argument when 400ex owners talk ****. so back to my point, id just like yamaha do some more improvements to the rappy 350 to make it a little more competitive with the z/kfx.

[quote:r04t5a0b]

The 400EX motor is from the 1980s as well... wtf are you talking about? The Raptor 350/Warrior are NOT that much slower then the 400EX despite one anyone thinks (I own both a Warrior and a 440EX). I ******* hate the 400 and we got it BRAND NEW, it's been nothing but problems.

i know that the 400ex's engine is outdated. that was meant to be said about the z. ive ridden the 400ex as well, and the engine pretty much feels the same as my warrior besides a tad more top end. thats always my argument when 400ex owners talk ****. so back to my point, id just like yamaha do some more improvements to the rappy 350 to make it a little more competitive with the z/kfx.[/quote:r04t5a0b]

thats why yamaha made the yfz.. to compete with the zukis/kfxs but they ened up spanking them.. like usual :cool: im not brand loyal either.. well i guess agianst honda cuz they just suck. but id take a suzuki/ arctic cat or a kfx over my rappy anyday.. thats just how it is.. but hopefully in the spring i can get a yfz so i can stick with yamaha.. and beat all the 400s :) ::)

Back