would you buy a set??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schppppeeiiddiiiee

Reaction score
i have been machining items for a while now and thought about starting to do tie rods, would anyone be interested in a set of 6061 t-6 aluminum tie rods with matching nuts for your quad(s) for $15 shipped

they'd look something like this.. without the engraving( as of now) due to lack of machines.

Tie%20rods.jpg

Tie%20rod%20right.jpg

Those are very nice but I was wondering is aluminum good for this application? Will it break instead of bending giving you no steering control? Just wondering cause those are very cool. I wish I could make stuff like that.

if u want a STRONG tie rod.. i'd be glad to make ya one out of heat treated tool steel

[quote:bcvvj762]it'd be round not hex... unless you'd pay for the extra machining then i could do hex

out of tool steel.. how much for both ways?
How much weight did you save?[/quote:bcvvj762]

Now Jason... We talked about this, stop spending $$$ on that thing! HaHa

[quote:dm2dwbnf]

out of tool steel.. how much for both ways?
How much weight did you save?

Now Jason... We talked about this, stop spending $$$ on that thing! HaHa[/quote:dm2dwbnf]

F that I'm not buying any gay ass tie rods. :)

it was something i did last minute with some stuff laying around so i could ride the streets at night in the fresh snow

well i am puttin in an order for material and taps monday, is there anyone who would like a set? they will be $20 shipped

Wow thats great. Could you make me something that shouldn't be to much to make. But i'm interested in it if you could make it.

Back