would this work?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eikm216

Reaction score
My buddy did this to his yfz and he said it worked great for him. OK, if you take your spark arrestor out and look down in the exhaust you can see a plate and on the left and right there are two holes where the exhaust from the engine hits this and goes around it and exits the two holes on the side. He took a large drill bit about 3/4" and drilled it out and used a magnet to retrieve the large piece of metal that was cut out. Its a lot louder and after jetting he said it felt the same as his brothers yfz with an aftermarket pipe.
what do you all think about this idea?

ive seen it done to a few quads and it seems to work, i dont think it will give u close to as much power as a aftermarket pipe but its definatly an increase in power when jetted corectly

I have mine done like that...well i knocked the hole back of my exhaust out tho...but im not sure if it has a much power as a yfz whit a aftermarket pipe tho....

well i did mine today. sounds much better and i can feel a difference in power. Now i just have to try and re-jet it. I need to find some damn replacement bolts for the carb before i take it apart cause they are all tryin to strip

Yeah, they strip very easy. I took mine apart a couple times before I replaced them. I got some allen head screws from the hardware store that work great.

do you know what size they are and length?
just take them with you to the parts store..and find a nut to fit on your carb screw.. then find the allen head bolt that will fit that same nut.... doesnt matter the length yet... (make sure the allen screws are stainless).
buy the nuts and the bolts..... and bring them home to cut the bolts.. screw on the nut on to the bolts. and messure your old bolt to the new allen bolts and then cut the allen bolts.. then screw off the nut to get rid of any burrs.... and you there you have new stainless bolts that if you strip out your retarted

Why not just take one out and take it to the hardware store with you to make sure you get the same length?

That way you don't have to dick around with cutting and all that ****.

well i did mine today. sounds much better and i can feel a difference in power. Now i just have to try and re-jet it. I need to find some damn replacement bolts for the carb before i take it apart cause they are all tryin to strip

I think thats a load of crap because even with a aftermarket pipe you arent getting more then a 2-3 HP gain; you need at least a 5-6 HP increase to even feel it on the ass dyno...

so are you saying an aftermarket pipe shouldnt give you a noticeable gain? thats what i gather from your statement.

so are you saying an aftermarket pipe shouldnt give you a noticeable gain? thats what i gather from your statement.

Not a pipe alone. But take the 2-3hp from adding the pipe, and a couple from intake mods, jetting, etc, etc and it starts to add up.

yea everything 2xtreme said should give around 5-6 more hp, but these numbers vary in different ranges of the powerband

Not to mention making those hp usable with decent tires, gearing (sprocket), etc.

That's when it becomes noticable.

You are correct by gathering that. When coupled with an intake, tossing the Abox lid, and correct jetting (you can lose lots HP with out the right jetting) you will gain probably around 5 HP with this particular motor/bike. Your throttle response, placement of power, and sound will all improve with a pipe and you will "feel" that; as far as seat of the pants goes you will not notice 2-3 HP from a pipe and ESPECIALLY not from that mod that you’re claiming to feel... You can disagree with me all you want but those are the facts and my experience with this bike (probably more time into research and modding the Warrior then anyone on this board).

*Furthermore you stated that you felt an increase in HP but that you also need to rejet; if you improve the flow of exhaust on a machine that needs jetting you are LOSING HP not gaining until the fuel mixture is optimized...

*Your friend may have noticed a HP increase doing this mod with a YFZ due to the EXTREME restrictive nature of a YFZ stock exhaust and the insane 11HP dif. a pipe put on the bike can make! I find this done to a YFZ to be plausible but not a Warrior/Raptor 350.

so when i get a filter and jettd then i should actually noice a difference? Im hoping to get it all done this week or next as soon as i order all the ****

by the way death i wasnt tryin to get you fired up. I was just askin a question

I know u werent bro. The clamp on filter, tossing the lid, then jetting is where you will notice the oompfh in power!

Back