won't stay running

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironfist104

Reaction score
Well finally last week i figure out the jetting it ran like a top. Started without touching the choke or throttle... so this morning i fire it up just to warm it a bit before i took off for the day.... So a bit later i go to start it i get a click....then nothing so I check my battery full charge so then i pull start no problem the funny thing i had a test light and i put it on the battery ground And I was getting power off my engine casing....?????so i messed around for a bit so i grabbed a car battery and I went direct to the starter it would turn it over but wouldn't start....so then i checked my ground and the was not grounding right so I cleaned that up now that's fine no more starter issues. now the problem is I fire it up it runs for about a minute then dies then try to restart just cranks and cranks....then I let it sit for a bit then it starts after a turn or two then it does the same thing runs for a minute then dies.....on and on....I tried new plugs took the carb apart again cleaned it fully nothing there spotless....tried everything. I have spark but it seems week....would a pulse coil cause this or a bad ignition coil???? I tried the cdi out of my big bear and it does the same thing so cant be that

Back