Won't Start?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Golfaholic

Reaction score
Good day all, I am new to this forum. I recently got a '99 Warrior 350. It will turn over but will not start. It has good spark coming from the plug, good compression and a brand new carburetor. From what I can tell it has the clutch and parking brake bypass already done as well. I am at a lose as to what could be stopping it from starting. Any and all assistance with this is greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance and I hope you all have a great day.

The cheap Chinese carbs have a jet problem you have to use your old jets out of the old carb otherwise you’ll have problems

What problem do they have? I can see them spraying fuel when I use the throttle.

Pull the spark plug out, ground it to the cylinder and turn the engine over. See if it's sparking, even if it is sparking, if it's an old plug, replace it. It could still be bad, sometimes plugs will spark outside the block, but won't spark in the block under compression!

Pull the spark plug out, ground it to the cylinder and turn the engine over. See if it's sparking, even if it is sparking, if it's an old plug, replace it. It could still be bad, sometimes plugs will spark outside the block, but won't spark in the block under compression!

I have checked the spark; however, I am planning on getting a new plug tonight and seeing what happens.

I have checked the spark; however, I am planning on getting a new plug tonight and seeing what happens.
Worth a shot! I always replace the plug if I can't get something running, if it does fix it, great! If it doesn't, it was 5 bucks at the most, and when you get it running you'll have a new plug.

Try spraying starter fluid in it, while you're turning the engine over. Could be a number of things like cdi box, pulse coil, stator, bad ignition coil, bad spark plug cap. There should be a strong orange white spark, if everything is working right. you need a multimeter and a service manual.

Try spraying starter fluid in it, while you're turning the engine over. Could be a number of things like cdi box, pulse coil, stator, bad ignition coil, bad spark plug cap. There should be a strong orange white spark, if everything is working right. you need a multimeter and a service manual.
I have tried the starting fluid, but I have a new ignition coil, stator and cdi module, planning on replacing them this weekend. So hopefully these will be the fix.

So I have an 04 raptor 350. I have replaced everything from the stator all the way to a new wire harness. This thing spins over great, has fuel fire and compression. It will not roll start at all. Put it in gear let off clutch it'll lock tires down and slide. Any info or help is appreciated thanks

Back