Wolverine timing cover mods

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucas98wolvy

Reaction score
Well this is how I modified the cover so I can change my timing. First drill the existing pickup mount holes clean thru with a 5mm drill bit. Than I made a jig which allowed me to mount it in the Bridgeport mill. I machined each stand down 15mm, and clearanced around them. I made some pads from aluminum and welded them on the outside of the cover. This was to provide extra thickness and a level surface to bolt to from the outside of the cover. The trick part is the offset mounting block that is 15mm high x 52mm long x 10mm thick. The hole pattern for the pickup is 37mm. This block is a 3.5 degree increase in base timing. I have a 1.5 block and a 5.5 block made as well. For every degree you need to offset the holes 1mm. I figured it out by measuring from three T mark to the F mark on the flywheel and dividing by 10. I also checked the math by using the radius of the flywheel and some math. A dab of hi temp silicone between the block and side cover seals it all up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back