Wolverine jetting help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well guess what i have seen that too. Down here is MS. We have a flying bug that is completely harmless but called a dirt dobber because it builds a dirt nest. i have seen a lot of them build nest in mufflers on motorcycles, 4-wheelers and weed eaters, chainsaws etc.. That always makes a carbuerator run bad. So yea, good idea. Hell take the muffler off and just run your header. Your muffler is not plugged off but it may be restricted. In all my days as a mechanic on that stuff, i have had probably between 75 and 100 plugged exhaust either at the outlet port or the muffler.

It’s worth a shot at this point!! The exhaust Is a super trapp IDS, so it’s easy to pull and check. Worth a shot!! I’d have thought a wasp nest would burn or blow out by now, but who knows I guess

Roger that! Ok, let me know. If i was there i would have that thing running right, kinda hard to diagnose from a forum without seeing or hearing it run. Hang in there, i think this is going to be one of those head scratchers. but yea do try the muffler removal and see how it runs. Don't forget though, you may need to adjust mixture screw every once in a while with all this other adjustments on carb.

Yeah, I’ll keep that in mind!
Thanks again for all your help.
Would a videowith sounds of me running it through the gears help?

You're welcome. Yea video would help, if you don't get it fixed. Send me a video of it, engine at idle, engine at half throttle, and one of you going through the gears.

Okay here’s the scoop- I haven’t played with a needle or anything, but I did take my filter off and remove some of the oil (it was dripping... not sure how i got that much on it). That seemed to help, it definitely runs clean all the way through the top when it gets hot. This was a couple weeks ago.

Fast forward to today, I finally checked the valves, intake was right on the money, exhaust was a hair over spec - .022, and the range is .016-.020. I set that back down to like .017 or so. It’s super soggy here so I didn’t want to do too many pulls up and down the alley, but I did one and it was a little boggy (lean) though it wasn’t up to temp so that was probably the culprit. I’ll get it back to temp and see if my valve adjustment made any difference.

Okay here’s the scoop- I haven’t played with a needle or anything, but I did take my filter off and remove some of the oil (it was dripping... not sure how i got that much on it). That seemed to help, it definitely runs clean all the way through the top when it gets hot. This was a couple weeks ago.

Fast forward to today, I finally checked the valves, intake was right on the money, exhaust was a hair over spec - .022, and the range is .016-.020. I set that back down to like .017 or so. It’s super soggy here so I didn’t want to do too many pulls up and down the alley, but I did one and it was a little boggy (lean) though it wasn’t up to temp so that was probably the culprit. I’ll get it back to temp and see if my valve adjustment made any difference.
👍

Alright. Ive got to resurrect this old thread. This thing is STILL sputtering at WOT.
I’ve got the smallest main I have, the 132.5 (stock 141.3) in there. One size up on the pilot, 45 (42.5 stock). New slide and diaphragm. New needle and emulsion tube. New float needle and seat. And it’s STILL RICH. I even added some disks to the super trap (11 disks, instead of 8) which makes it VERY loud and did not improve it much.
I tried it at my parents in-law at about 3000ft elevation and it ran pretty well, not perfect though.

what else can I try?! I’m at a loss. Is there something else in the carb to check?

Latest posts

Back